10. bears & sorrows

Dylan POV

I woke up once again with a tear stained pillow.  I was so tired of this, hurting. I sat in my living room watch Netflix when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and answered it.

Colby was standing there with a sad look on his face. He looked at me for a second and then embraced me with a hug. I hugged him back and started to cry. "Don't cry dyl. Please don't cry" his voice broke.

I wiped my eyes and let him inside and we sat on the couch. "Dylan I'm so sorry" he said as we sat on the couch. "No it's ok it's not your fault" I said brushing my hair off my shoulder.

"No but I had no right to tell you that" he said looking at me. "But if you didn't, would he have?" I asked him. He didn't say anything and looked down. "That's what I thought" I mumbled.

"He really cares about you Dylan, more than I've ever seen him care about someone" he said. I didn't say anything and but my lip. "Are you at least going to talk to Jake?" He asked. 'Jake' god I missed him but hearing his name made me want to break down .

I just started to cry. He hugged me and didn't let go for a long time as I cried into his shoulder. "I'm worried about him" he said hugging me. I didn't say anything and just continued to cry into his shoulder. "He hasn't eaten, let alone come out of his room" he mumbled. I sighed

Jake POV

I sat on the couch bouncing my leg up and down, biting my nails watching the time tick by. I heard the door open and my eyes darted toward it. I saw that Colby had came in. "So?" I asked standing up. He sighed and walked over to me.

"She's hurt man" he sighed sitting down, but I remained standing. "Does she want to talk to me?" I asked hopefully. "I mentioned you name and she started crying, for a long time" he said looking up at me.

"Fuck" I said starting to cry. "You need to do something" he said. "What do I do?" I asked biting my lip.

Dylan POV

I was scrolling on my phone when I heard a knock a my door. I ignored it. "Go away" I groaned. But the knocking continued. I mumbled profanities under my breath as I stood up and walked over to the door.

I opened the door to see a giant stuffed bear sitting there on the ground. It was a big as me.

"Oh my gosh! Who do you belong to?" I asked talking to the stuffed bear, smiling widely

"Oh my gosh! Who do you belong to?" I asked talking to the stuffed bear, smiling widely . I picked it up and brought it inside leaving the door open. "You" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see Jake standing in the door way with flowers.

I went over to the door and started to shut it when his foot blocked it. "Wait Dylan please let me explain myself" he said looking at me sadly.

I bit my lip and looked down debating. "You have 5 minutes" I mumbled opening the door. He walked in and sat on the couch. He set down the flowers on the table. I walked over and sat next to him.