Jimin is apparently an asshole now :) sorry

Jungkook was sitting on the little steps leading up to the door with Jimin standing in front of him. Jimin glanced over at Taehyung as soon as he heard his steps and motioned for Tae to come closer. When he was halfway there Jungkook got up and slid past Tae towards the sidewalk. He didn't even spare him a glance but stared forward with his signature cold look on his face, still limping.

Taehyung was painfully familiar with that look by now, but even after some time living with Jungkook he still didn't appreciate it. He turned to look at Jimin who had a slight smile on his lips that didn't reach his eyes.

"He should probably have it checked out by a doctor." He continued with a curious glimmer in his eyes, "Speaking of... you took care of the wounds quite well, too."

Tae looked back over his shoulder, but Jungkook was out of sight already. "I tried."

"Where'd you learn that?" Jimin asked, his eyebrows raised.

Taehyung didn't answer right away but rather grabbed the small package that was standing next to the door with one of the deliveries for the shop and walked inside. This was a tricky question and Tae mentally scolded himself for giving away so much about himself. His family situation was a topic he tried to avoid since he moved in with them, trying to keep his old life as far away as he could.

"My parents..." Taehyung started, "they are doctors. And taught me from a young age 'cause I'd get hurt all the time."

It was a lie that would drive his mother up the wall if she ever heard it. Yes, he was used to getting bruised but usually it was his parents fault and they would never take care of him after or let him see a doctor to fix him up. He had to learn it all by himself, figure out what would work best and would not harm him even more. By the time his father got around to beating his two siblings he had perfected the art and had acquired the necessary skills to take care of them.

Jimin just nodded and began looking around the store, while Tae proceeded to stock up the jam shelf. When he was younger it was always Tae's dream to become a doctor, to help people when they were in need. That's what he was good at. His family, on the other hand, had other plans for him. He was supposed to take over the farm when he got old enough to do so, they prepared him for this job since the day he was old enough to put seeds in the ground and feed the cows. It was work, work, work every day after school and on the weekends. No time for friends, no time for himself. He was surprised they let him go just like this. He had just turned 18 when the feds found out what his and his siblings home life looked like and he would have been able to choose if he wanted to stay there or not. He chose not to, and they didn't force him, so he left. He could scream that he was still relying on them, but he would solve that problem sooner or later.

"You should come back to our place... I mean you left, right?" Jimin giggled quietly, "I can't really tell because you have barely any stuff and when you take it all with you, you could be leaving forever, or just to the grocery store."

"I've caused you enough trouble." Tae said.

"Listen, Jungkook moves with a dangerous crowd. The kind of men I hope you will never have to meet, but you're on their radar now and it is safer when you just stay with us. You don't want to cause any problems? That's unavoidable but when you're living with us we have at least the chance of helping you."

Tae felt cold all over. "What- what did you just say? Who are you talking about? And what have I got to do with it?"

"Because he took you home from the victory's, dumbass. Do you think that was the only thing he was supposed to do that night?" Jimin asked. "He chose you over his duties and is getting punished for it. None of that should be your business but you're in the middle of it all now Tae."

"What duties, Jimin? Jungkook was bleeding out and it could have gone much worse if this Yoongi guy was better at aiming! I don't really want to be involved in that! "

Jimin turned around and rushed over so fast he almost knocked one of the shelves over. Taehyung backed up but only made it two steps before hitting the counter with his back. The other boy had his hands on his neck in an instant and slammed him against it. Taehyung dug his fingers into Jimin's wrists, trying to loosen his grip enough that he could breathe. He tried to knee Jimin, but the blonde was pressing against him with his full body weight.

"Where you not listening just now?" Jimin hissed. Tae didn't have the breath to answer. "Because I remember telling you that you have no choice of being involved or not. They have their eyes on you as much as on Jungkook and believe me this is just a taste of what they'll do to you if they get a hold of you."

Jimin had the same angry tone as in the morning while arguing with Jungkook and the sound of his voice reverberated in Tae's ears for a long time even after the other boy let go off him. They stared at each other for a few more seconds before Tae carefully opened his mouth.

"You... you want to use me as a distraction... as- as bait. Don't you? You want to get Jungkook away from them, but they need someone else as a substitute." His voice barely a whisper.

"And you love it, don't you? This feeling of being needed, someone depending on you. I know you want to stay with us, live in a real house, with real friends. Don't let this chance glide away from you Taehyung. It's a win-win situation for all of us."

Taehyung hated how much Jimin was right. He wanted friends that loved him as much as this boy loved his roommate. A backup system, ready to give their life and passion. This was his only chance to get what he wished for.

"Think about it Tae. If you want to stay come back for dinner at six. That's 4 hours, almost, for you to make up your mind. Aren't I generous?"

"That's not enough time."

"I doubt you're a stranger to snap judgements when it comes to saving your skin. So, I'll see you at there." Jimin dug a medicine bottle out of his pocket and threw it at Tae. "You also left those in Jungkook's room. I'd recommend taking them."

With that the blonde walked through the door and left Tae and his spinning thoughts behind. A spike of panic wrenched his stomach into his throat and he dug the side of his hand into his mouth so hard he tasted blood. Was he supposed to believe these two boys could protect him from these people even Jimin seemed to fear? Tae shoved himself away from the counter and made his way into the back room where his duffel was still laying on the floor.

What if he could stay? What if these two mysterious men really were enough?

Taehyung should know better than to believe such dangerous promises, but nevertheless he closed his duffel in one move and slowly made his way back to the house.

A/N please don't hate me for never updating... I am trying my best to write daily but I just can't get to it but I'll figure out how to post chapters more regularly hahaha the next ones already finished soo

If there is anything else you think I can improve on (which I am certain there is) please let me know so I can improve my writing for you guys

Also what about the new cover? Do you like it?

anyways, have a nice day or night or anything in between!

:)