this time someone is really knocking

11:24.

Taehyung's phone went off the next morning and startled five years of his live expectancy. Not only did it wake him up, but it also woke him up in Jungkook's bed. As soon as Tae heard the distinctive buzz he jumped up grabbing his phone from the nightstand where he left it just a few hours ago. A missed call was blinking at him from his inbox. He must have missed it by a few seconds. Tae's heart slowed a bit when he saw Jimin's name, even though he didn't remember giving him his number. He decided to call him later, they had seen each other just yesterday morning, and started collecting his stuff from the ground since Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. Tae grabbed his pill bottle and stared at it with empty eyes, he would have to take them more regularly if he wanted to avoid a repetition from last night.

By the time Taehyung made it to the kitchen he had about 15 new messages. Most of them from Hoseok. He quickly explained that he was feeling alright besides a huge hangover and then considered asking how the other boy's head was doing but took the higher road of silence. Instead he clicked Jimin's name and put him on speaker while fixing himself a quick breakfast.

"Hey man!" his voice sounded exited, "thought I'd call to see how you are doing. You probably noticed by now that Jungkook didn't come with me. I don't know what made him change his mind, but I don't really trust you two not to kill each other when I'm not around but seems like you are still alive. What about kook?"

Tae couldn't help but let a little smile slip considering Jimin's worry, "He is not home, but last night he seemed very much alive."

"Not home?"

"Yes. I don't know where he went though. I'll tell him to call you when he is here again, but I think the post just came, see you soon, sorry!"

As Taehyung walked through the living room to the front door he noticed a half eaten bowl of cereal on the small table and some pillows on the couch. It looked like Jungkook had left in a hurry. Tae quickly picked up the small stack of letters and returned to the kitchen to sit down and look through it.

Some letters for Jimin from his parents.

Some catalogues for Yoongi, he probably still didn't notify everyone he moved.

And a single one for Jungkook. From Kim Namjoon – Landlord.

Taehyung stared at the letter, too startled to react. He knew better than to open it, but he was slowly grabbing one of the kitchen knives. There was no reason to have a landlord if you already bought the whole house. Tae had thought it suspicious at the time that Jungkook would be able to afford a place like this, but of course he hadn't argued, hoping it was true instead.

It had been a while since he had to open a letter this way. It was a skill that came in handy when he had to hide that he was reading the letters his friends sent him before his parents threw them away. Of course, it took a long time and many missteps for him to get to the point where he perfected the art of opening and closing sealed envelopes until they looked like he never touched them.

He quickly placed a kettle on the stove where his breakfast eggs had been cooking just minutes before and waited patiently for the water to start boiling. A closer look at the envelope revealed it indeed was a professional letter and not just a prank, since Tae knew Jungkook and Namjoon were close not only as landlord and tenant but friends as well, so it was worth making sure. As soon as the steam was coming out in a strong and steady stream he stuck a spoon in the spout to diffuse it. Otherwise the moist heat would warp the paper. For a few seconds he placed the envelope seal in the steam and watched as the glue loosened and finally used the kitchen knife to lift the flap.

Tae carefully pulled out the paper. He thought about not flipping the sheet open but couldn't resist his curiosity. Tae's eyes skimmed over the paper.

Rent increase. Rent. Increase.

The math was simple, but that didn't make this any easier to understand. Jungkook had lied to him. Tae could breath a little easier as he went through the details of the letter but none of it made sense to him. Not only was there a rise of multiple percent but Jungkook was already paying twice as much as Jimin, boosting his share of the rent in almost unpayable heights. He read the few sentences over and over again, but it wasn't until he closed is eyes for a few seconds that Taehyung realized what he was looking at.

Tae pressed a shaking hand against his mouth and sent the letter flying over the table with the other. He searched his memories for signs that would contradict his absurd theory and came back with empty hands. Instead he remembered Jimin's startled look when Jungkook mentioned that Tae wouldn't have to pay rent and Jungkook continuously arguing on the phone with Namjoon and always quieting or leaving as soon as Tae walked in.

He should have known something was up. Instead of gluing the envelope back together the placed the letter clearly visible onto the kitchen table and decided he would wait for Jungkook to come home. However, by the time Tae had finished reading through the whole newspaper the other boy still hadn't shown up again.

The rest of the afternoon was about as eventful as the morning and as the sun started setting Taehyung ordered himself pizza to be delivered since he didn't want to miss Jungkook.

The hours passed, and the other boy was still not back. He already texted Jimin to ask if Jungkook was with him but he didn't have any idea where he was either, so he returned to zapping through the channels on the large TV in the living room.

At eleven o'clock three rhythmic knocks came at the front door. 

A/N thank you all for dealing with my annoying ass and sending support my way eventhough I am rarely posting these two weeks and only really short chapters too but I have a little more time to wite now and hope I can post the next few chapters soon :) 

Hope you all have a nice day or night or anything in between