some swearing, don't get mad at me

The next few days it was all the same. Jungkook left as early as he could and Jimin tried to work around the awkwardness. It wasn't until Friday morning that something changed. Jimin and Tae were sitting at the table in the dining room, silently drinking their coffee while checking their phones. Both of them looked up when they heard Jungkook walk down the stairs. Around this time, he should have left already.

"Morning, sunshine!" Jimin said with exaggerated cheer.

"Fuck you." Jungkook said.

Tae yawned into his hand. "Glad to see you are still a morning person."

"Fuck you too."

Despite the profanity, Jimin shot Tae an exited look, a slow grin forming on his face, but Tae just stared at Jungkook, too startled to respond. This was the most Jungkook had said to him since Tae moved in and he didn't even seem to have realized what he just did. He left for the living room without sparing either of the two boys another look.

Taehyung didn't see him again until he was about to leave for work and was happy to keep his distance again. Tae was glad he was able to keep most of his morning routine the same as when he lived in the back of his store. First, he showered then ate breakfast and now he was preparing his lunch for the day, but he couldn't really concentrate. Jungkook was watching him from the doorway.

"You plan on wearing the same six outfits over and over again?"

"Eight," Tae said, "and yes."

Jungkook arched an eyebrow at him. "I will have to take you shopping soon and buy you some new clothes."

Tae was mildly offended. "I have money. I can pay for my own things."

"Mhmm. Yeah, right." Jungkook answered, "I thought you were leaving for work."

"I'm remembering why I don't like you."

"I'm surprised you forgot."

"Maybe I didn't." Taehyung pushed himself past Jungkook and was out the door a couple seconds later.

Work that day was idle. It was only Tae's first week not directly living in his work space and he was already behind. He tried binding together some bouquets of flowers but started zooming out almost immediately. He finished three more before he gave up and pushed all the flowers of the counter.

There hasn't been a single customer in that day and Tae didn't expect one to come in for the next few hours, so he went back in to the storage room. It was blessedly empty. After spending a few days with his new roommates, it seemed almost too quiet. Tae dropped the few flowers he was still holding onto the floor, sprawled face-down on his old mattress, and let his thoughts run in curious circles over everything that had happened in the last few days. By the time he got up again he didn't know what to think.

Back at the counter, Taehyung got his phone out of his pocket and dialed the first number on speed dial. It didn't take long for Jin to pick up.

"Hey man! Haven't heard from you in a while." Tae could hear him smile.

"Yeah it's been some time. We have to celebrate later tonight."

"What do you mean? Your birthday is in December. I didn't forget it this time!" Jin giggled

"I found a place to live at!"

"Holy sh- are you for real? Took you long enough man! We should meet at the Victory's later! I will call Hoseok as soon as I have the chance!"

"Cant't wait!" the cold screen of the phone gave Tae goosebumps.

"But I gotta hang up, have fun at work!" and with that Jin was gone. Always working so hard, he still didn't get the credit he deserved at work.

A/N this is super short and super bad, I know, but the next one will be better I promise!!