Scared for life

(Y/n) POV

After we arrived, a whole lot of fun began. While David was trying to teach some of the kids how CPR and other exercises to save someone in need of an emergency, Max gave the young adult an abrupt push into the lake without warning. I tried to conceal a small giggle behind my hand as all the students make a running flee into the lake without the instructor to halt them. Max watches them with amusement on his face, before turning back to me with a cheeky grin.

Before I could fully register what he was doing, the boy sneaked in a large and planted kiss on my cheek, I feel my face heat up. I go to return the favor, attempting to plant my own against his when my lips meet air. I glare as Max jumps into the water, leaving me the last on the dock. I smirk and run into the water myself, making sure to land directly on top of the boy. The force catches Max off guard, I take the chance to put him into a chokehold laughing manically.

"Uncle!", the boy breathes, slapping the side of my arms whilst chuckling. I allow Max his freedom, having a few more laughs myself before deciding to rejoin with the land. I swim back to the shore of the lake, not missing a now drenched and slightly annoyed David along the way. I unroll one of the towels I decided to bring with and lay across it happily, relaxing all my muscles in the process. The sun blares down on my body warmly.

"Are you sleeping, (Y/n)?"

My eyes peek open noticing a curious Nikki standing above me. I offer the younger girl a small smile.

"Not really, I'm just sunbathing" I hum, adjusting my back against the towel.

"Wah- but I want the gang in the lake now not later!", Nikki demands with a pouty face.

"But Nikki, you know you have a really nice tan from being outside every day. I want that tan for the summer" you proclaim with an apologetic grin. The girl rolls her eyes and waves me off. I watched amused as the girl makes a running start on the dock and cannonballs deep into the lake.

After a while, a bob of teal hair pops up on the dock once more. Nikki rested her elbows on the wood with a bored expression and large pout.

"When are you going to get into the water~"

You sigh and sit up, raising your sunglasses unimpressed.

"I thought I explained this already, I need this tan" you declare. Nikki groans.

"You're as boring as it gets!"

Your lips purse together as a small frustration begins to dwell in the pits of your gut. You 'hmph'.

"Fine!", you yell, "I'll show you something really boring!"

Nikki goes silent as you approach the end of the dock. You offer the girl a cocky grin and turn your back to the lake, Nikki is quick to create some distance. You leap back, twisting your body backward as you do a double backflip mid-air before splashing into the lake behind. Nikki stared stunned while some of the other campers clapped and cheered. You bowed in the water by habit.

When the cheering died down, it didn't take long for a certain black-haired boy to make his appearance. You shriek when something grips your leg and yanks you down into the water. Bright green eyes stared back at your anxious orbs. Your scared expression immediately shifted into annoyance. Max smiles innocently before smashing his lips against yours underwater. You happily return his affections.

Not long after, you both emerge out from underwater, gulping in large breaths of air upon returning to the surface. I slap Max on the side of his shoulder hard causing the boy to wince.

"Max! That was not funny," I shout, "Why would you do that?!"

"Oh my god, you were so scared when I took you underwater" Max laughs.

"Max you fucker!"

"Oh come on it's just a joke~ I'm sorry~"

"Hmph" I cross my arms, "I'm not forgiving you until I do something equally bad to you"

"Mmmmm I say that's a done deal" Max grins