Show what you know

(Y/n) POV

When none of the kids moved, Gwen stomped her foot on the ground harshly.

"I said. Let's get to our activity, campers", she muttered through gritted teeth. Almost all the kids got up obediently, including I. She seemed unpleasant to disobey, an aura of scariness and experience hung off her in waves that probably only I could recognize. Max stayed seated, his arms crossed across his chest as he stared challengingly back at Gwen.

"Not in the mood" Max retorts, picking the inside of his ear as if very uninterested. I nervously watch as the thick disturbance around Gwen kicks up, I don't miss the way her fist tightens and I contemplate on trying to convince Max to just let it go. Gwen's amethyst eyes catch my own, I feel a small shudder escape throughout my body when she smiles. It looked forced with all the tension right now.

"What about your dancing skills, (Y/n)?" Gwen asks curiously, her eyes daring me to defy her and make this day any more difficult. I gulp.

"Uh... I can show them what I know?" I respond uncertain, trying everything in my will to not look away from Gwen.

"Let's do that then!" Nikki yells from her seat, bursting up and onto the table excitedly next to me. I rub my ears a little as my eardrums ring from her pitch of noise.

"Nikki, please calm down," Neil pleads, ushering Nikki to get off the table. Soon after, we're heading out the door trailing behind David and Gwen. The two instructors lead us out into an open field, grass nice and high, and small weed clumps all around. You take a moment to do some warm-ups, stretching your arms and legs while the camp watches silently.

(Max POV)

We all watched wordlessly, staring at (Y/n) as she stretches and pulls off a few moves. I try to not snicker. With the way this was looking, it seemed as if (Y/n) was looking to dance like a three-year-old! Her moves were wobbly, and her balance shifted too much, I mentally prepared myself for quite a show.

And then Gwen plugged in the speaker and played one of the songs (Y/n) chose.

(Watch the girls in the front)

Gwen immediately sent David away to get something, though I wasn't paying any attention. I gawked as I watched her move, stunned and silent as her steps became more complicated and her moves faster. They continuedly got sexier, and the more I watched the more I felt entranced, unable to form proper thoughts in my mind. (Y/n) finished with a boom, finally ending the performance as everyone clapped and cheered.

I couldn't take my eyes off her, she smiled brightly as the sun spotlighted her as she took a small bow. Cheeks bright red and eyes filled with joy. Neil taps me on the shoulder, snapping me out of my daze.

"Uh, you might have a little problem down there", he whispers to me, eyes gesturing more down my pants. I feel my face go red right away and angle myself where nobody could see it.

"The fuck. Stop looking already!" I heatedly whisper back, Nikki glances our way but doesn't say anything.

"Sorry, I just look down and saw what was happening", Neil shrugs. I look away slightly embarrassed but wordless, I don't have to look to see Neil's lips curling up. "You have a crush on the new girl don't you"

"Uh, absolutely fucking not."

"Whatever you say" Neil nonchalantly replies, before finally walking away. I narrow my brows but don't chase him, instead, I make myself comfortable against a tree and wait for Nikki to finish talking with (Y/n).