"Sounds perfect."

"Really?" Hermione and Draco had never talked about the children portion of the law; they were beginning with the marriage part. She had always assumed that Draco had wanted his children to be raised similarly. 

"It might surprise you, but I don't particularly want my children to be spoiled brats and gits to other children like I was. I want them to have a childhood." 

"That is good to hear, Draco."

"Though I really do think they should have some lessons. No reason to eat like a pig." Draco added with a head scratch.

Hermione laughed and nodded. Their worlds were so different, and coming together to make one family was going to be difficult. 

The next day after classes, Hermione went back to her dorm and started getting ready for her date. Draco hadn't told her anything except that she needed to dress for the weather because they would be outside. 

"Hermione. What did you need me for?" Ginny asked as Hermione let her in. 

"Draco and I are going on a date, and he said to dress for the weather, but I don't want to look like a potato sack." 

Ginny smiled and nodded, "You called over the right person." Ginny searched through her clothes until she found something she liked. Hermione had really improved her wardrobe since the war, and it was all thanks to Ginny. She wouldn't let Hermione buy anything she liked, but she had learned to love everything that Ginny had picked out. 

It was a cute black bralette and a big tan sweater with Hermione's favorite pair of jeans. 

"Let me know how it goes

"Let me know how it goes." Ginny smiled when Hermione came out of her bedroom. 

"I will, Gin, thanks. I really need to learn how to dress myself." Hermione giggled and made her way to the front doors. She was almost positive she was going to be late, but she kept her pace. Maybe she didn't have to be punctual all of the time. 

"There you are." Draco pulled her into a hug and then took her hand. 

They walked for a while before either of them said anything. 

"Where are we going?" Curiosity finally got the better of Hermione. 

"I thought it would be nice to have a picnic. We are almost there." Draco smiled, and soon enough, they stumbled upon a blanket and picnic basket. Hermione smiled at the wonderful food that Draco had brought with him. There seemed to be never-ending selections coming out of the basket.

"This is a lot of food." Hermione finally said when Draco sat back. 

"I wasn't sure what to bring, so the elves told me to pack it all." He smiled at her, and she started eating some soup that was still the perfect temperature. She loved soup on cool fall days. And today was one of those days. Even though she had worn a sweater, she was getting chilly in the wind, and soon enough, she was shivering.

"Would you like my jacket?" Draco had started taking it off already. He figured she would say no, but he wasn't going to take that for an answer. 

"Won't you be cold then?" 

"Maybe, but you will be warm." He smiled and helped her into it. The size swallowed her, and he laughed slightly. She looked tiny in his clothes, but you would never be able to tell any other time. Her personality lit up the room and demanded people's attention. 

After eating, they lay down next to one another and watched as the sun started to set over the hills in the distance. She inched closer to him, and he hugged too tight into his chest. Things were changing so quickly, and Hermione was happy that they had found peace with one other.

"Draco, may I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Everything you did on your arm, were you trying just to get it off, or did you just want to be gone altogether?"

Draco closed his eyes. It wasn't a question he was expecting, but he figured it would have come eventually.

"Initially, I just wanted to escape from it all and thought that it would make it easier if I just wasn't here anymore. I saw how broken mother was, though, and I couldn't put her through that. Afterward, I just wanted it to go away. I didn't want to see it every time I undressed or took a shower. I just wanted to feel clean again."

She sat up and flipped over onto her stomach. They were so close to one another, and she couldn't recall a time they had been closer. She wanted so much to take his worries and hurt away like she had done in the past with the boys. She just wanted to make sure everyone was alright. She knew this was different, though. This would be with them forever, and she was okay with that. She knew that it would help them grow and mold them into better people.

She allowed a single tear to form in her eye, but it never dropped. He smiled at her and stroked her cheek. She felt butterflies when he touched her, and she couldn't believe it, but soon enough, they were kissing. 

Draco felt the fire in his blood the moment that his lips touched with hers. He had never felt that with anyone before. He rolled over onto her, and kept they kept kissing. Hermione felt like it had been going on for ages, but when they stopped to catch their breath, she noticed the sky was the same color, and barely any time had passed at all.