Chapter Twenty-Five

Madison dipped her waffle in syrup, before shoving it in her mouth. Grandma took a small bite of her waffle.

Last night I barely had sleep, because I felt horrid after John left. I'm scared. I spent most of the night thinking about him. What if he had kissed me? I'm stupid, though. He'll never kiss me and I'm thinking dumb stuff. All those weird emotions I feel when he's around me, I absolutely doubt he feels the same. John is just another guy.

"What are you guys doing today?" Grandma asked, after sipping her coffee.

"I'm taking Ashley to a club in Atlanta," Madison said shrugging. "We'll probably be back on Saturday morning."

"Sounds like fun. You girls better be careful," she said with a sophisticated glance.

"We'll be fine. We probably tag along some cowboys and Red," Madison said, attaining a bite of her waffle. I glanced at her instantly.

She smiled at me. I wasn't against her plans, but she said "some cowboys" and that is plural which means... Oh God.

"That's really nice of you Madison. These guys from this town don't usually head out to the big city," my grandma said warmly.

"It's the least I can do. Besides we're young adults and we must have fun!"

"Of course, you're only young once," Grandma smiled. I giggled.

We ate in silence and Grandma had to leave a little later. Madison and I finished cleaning the kitchen. We decided to head to town to invite my friends.

Madison let me drive and it was weird driving again, since I haven't drove in a long while. I parked in front of the Grill.

"Alright, I'll invite Red and you'll go ask the cowboy," she said firmly as she entered the Grill without me being able to protest.

I don't want to see John! Not after last night.

I guess I'm not left with a choice anyways.

I marched across the street, with butterflies in my stomach. I entered the store and immediately found John in the first aisle. I almost shyly approached him.

"Hey John," I said quietly from behind. He didn't glance at me.

"What do ya want?"

"Could you be any ruder?" I snapped, making him smirk at me.

"Baby doll, I'm simply asking ya a question," he said.

"And did you have to ask me like that?"

He turned around completely, his expression telling me he was irritated. "I'm sorry. Howdy Ashley, how are ya?"

"I'm good and you?" I smiled. There was something in his eyes I couldn't identify.

"I've been great physically."

"Oh yeah? Ya free tonight?" I asked casually.

He grinned. "Of course I am, baby."

I rolled my eyes. "Madison is taking me to a club in Atlanta. Would you like to come?"

"Sure," he shrugged.

"Alright, be ready at 7. We'll pick you up," I briskly spun on my heel and walked a few steps, when he grasped my arm.

I stopped breathing.

"I have my own car," he affirmed.

"I know, but it'll be better if we go in one car. We'll probably get back here on Saturday," I told him.