Chapter Eleven

I groaned, forcing myself up. The four hours of sleep had greatly helped me a lot. Even if it was a little. 

I shuffled to the bathroom, taking a hot shower, and marched back to my room. Thinking about the night I spent with John and contemplating on the fact that he had kissed Sarah. 

Sarah, the girl I slapped for him. The girl I dislike for acting like a bitch. Yeah... That girl was kissing John. 

I don't know what I was thinking during the early morning hours. Why hadn't I once thought about it? When I was with him I became careless. 

He had betrayed me, though. I slapped that girl for HIM. Jesus, I felt stupid now. 

I sigh, dressing in a purple tank and black shorts. My white vans were dirty so I searched for another pair. I came upon my black high top Converse and placed them on. I stared at myself in the mirror, combing my hair, and then blow dried it. I placed in a bun and I found a cute hairband that matched my tank. I sigh, giving up on my hair. 

I went over to my desk, picking up my charged phone, which still had service. My uncle must've kept paying for it. I had about a thousand missed calls and messages. More on facebook. A great amount of notifications on facebook where people had wrote on my wall. I cringed just by looking at my phone. 

I placed in my back pocket and declined the stairs to the kitchen. Grandma was eating a biscuit with butter. She offered me one. 

"No thanks, grandma. I'm not hungry." 

"Are you sure, sweetie?," she persisted. I nodded and smiled a fake smile. 

"I'll see you later," I told her. She smiled, biting her biscuit. I gave her a tight hug, before I departed. John was waiting in his truck. I marched up to him and climbed in. Slamming the door shut. 

I saw him wince in the corner of my eye. I placed the seat belt over me and patiently waited. 

"Hey," he finally said as a few seconds past. I ignored him. 

He turned the truck to life and we were on the bumpy road. I gazed out the window. 

"Ashley?," John said. I shot him a cold look. 

"What?," I said flatly. 

"Ya okay?" 

"I'm perfectly fine, why?," I said, almost sarcastic. He send me a questioning look. 

"What? You prefer me in a hospital bed?" 

He chuckled. "No." 

"Then?" 

"Calm down." 

"I am calm!" I said disbelievingly.