Chapter Four

"Why are you such a jerk?," I told John. He smirked, letting another box fall next to me. I sigh, getting on my knees and with a knife, I cut the tape that sealed the box. I unraveled what was inside which was more boxes of cereal. 

"Why should I be nice? You're mean to me." 

I glared up at him. "Get lost." 

He rolled his eyes, walking off. I stacked a box in the bottom shelve. John gets on my last nerves. I swear I feel like hitting him sometimes. I also don't get why I think aggressively towards him. That's just not me. 

When I was done, I squashed the box with my feet and folded it as mush as I could. Then I took it to the big trash can outside in the parking lot. I could feel the heavy humid against my skin. 

My God, it's super hot outside. I hurried back and pulled on the door that did not open. Frowning, I tried again, but it wouldn't jolt open. 

I am positive that it was open when I left.  

John. 

I kicked the door, angrily. I jogged around the building, heading for the front entrance. I turned around the corner when I collided into a girl, spilling the ingredients of her purse on the floor. 

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!," I gasped. I kneel down, gathering her things, and placing them in her purse. She snatched the purse.from my hands. 

 "You've done enough, thank you," she said bitterly, grabbing the few things left and shoving them in her purse. That's when I really reviewed her. She was a brunette, with tan skin, and gorgeous cold green eyes. She was flawless, tall, and had a nice body. 

"Next time be careful. I won't think twice before I knock ya pretty face out, sweetie," she said icily. I blinked and she was strolling away. I was speechless. How dare she? It took me a minute to be able to continue. I entered the store. 

"What took you so long?," John said, smirking from behind the counter. I shot him an evil glare. 

"You id-," I paused, because there was a costumer approaching him. John gave me a ha-ha look. 

I marched towards the meat section, which was located in the back. That was as far as I get from John. 

"Hi there, Ashley," the butcher said. What was his name again? Tim? Tom? Thomas. 

"Hey Thomas," I smiled weakly. 

"What ya doing?" 

"Nothing. Can I help you with anything?," I sigh. He chuckled, shaking his head. 

"I myself don't have much to do." 

"Oh, I see." 

"What's troubling ya?," he asked. I gazes at him. How did he know? 

"Um.. John pissed me off," I confessed shrugging. He laughed. 

"He's actually a nice guy." 

I laughed almost choking. "You're kidding right?" 

He had a serious face which really surprised me. "I ain't kidding." 

"Then why is he an asshole to me?" 

He shrugged, smirking. "Figure that out. You don't know him as well as I do." 

"Speaking of the devil," he whispered, turning around. I braced myself to confront the one and only asshole. 

"Hi," I said. 

"What do ya think you're doing?," he had a hard look on his face. I faked a cough.