Chapter 2

Chapters will be written in first person perspective from this point onwards

Percy's POV

I gasped as my eyes fluttered open, panting for air. My arms and back ached, and my head felt dizzy even trying to breathe. One of my eyes were swollen shut, and I could confirm that I had a black eye. Thick, scratchy rope bound my hands to a chair. I struggled against the bonds, surprised at how strong and secure the ropes were. Cold, metal chains tied my ankles to the legs of the chair so that I could barely move.

I struggled helplessly against the bonds, gritting my teeth. I had just noticed a man standing in front of me, laughing at my weak attempts to escape. "Don't even bother, Perseus. The ropes were enchanted with magic, which means they're indestructible." The man explained. I sighed as I leaned back against my chair, glaring at the bonds.

"You put up quite a fight, Perseus. You're much stronger than I thought." The man observed, looking at me with a careful eye. He chuckled, twiddling with a fancy stick in his hands. "Well, of course, not as strong as the most powerful wizard of all time," He added smugly.

He turned away from me and snapped his fingers; a loud, sharp noise. "Wormtail!" He commanded. A scrawny, fat man came stumbling in, twitching like a rat. "Y-Yes, master?" He asked. "Being Perseus to our guest. He'll be staying here a while," He instructed.

Wormtail untied my bonds and immediately, I kneed him in the groin, as he crumpled over, clutching the area. The man sighed, shaking his head. "I always have to do everything myself," He grumbled. "Stupefy!" He yelled. A streak of light came flashing towards me and I blacked out.

~•~

My eyes fluttered open as I felt the cool trickle of water running down my chin. A girl was trying to drizzle some water between my parched lips, furrowing her eyebrows. The first thing I noticed about her was her eyes. Her left was a startling, emerald green, that seemed to calculate every detail to use later in case she needed to beat me up.

However, her right eye was a hazelnut brown, calm and peaceful. In other words, nothing like her other eye. Her long, jet black hair was braised into a messy fishtail braid, which reminded me of the braids that some of the Hunters wore. She was pretty skinny, and surprisingly, incredibly young. Probably only 12, 13 at the most.

"Why are your eyes different colors?" I blurted out. Immediately, I scolded myself for asking such a rude question. She glared at me, but her face was exasperated as if she'd had this conversation a thousand times. "I don't know, why are your eyes the same color?" She retaliated.

"Okay, maybe we didn't start off on the greatest terms. Let's try again," I apologized. "I'm Percy Jackson," I introduced myself. "Selena Anderson," She replied. I slowly propped myself up, scanning the room around me. I was in a fairly large room, about the size of a living room, with hard cement walls on three of the sides. But in the front were long iron bars that were attached vertically and horizontally, making square shaped holes. The squares were about as big as an ice cube, and the iron bars were as thick as all my fingers combined.

"If you're thinking about escaping this place, don't even bother," She exclaimed. "It's impossible." She explained. I snorted, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, well, I don't exactly follow the rules," I joked. Apparently, she didn't find it funny. "I'm serious. I've been trapped here for months, and you're just a muggle," She protested.

"Excuse me, did you just call me a mug?" I asked. "A muggle," She corrected. "What, is that like a secret code, or...?" I pressed on. "What would it be a secret code for?" She questioned. "Demigod? Half-Blood?" I said. She pursed her lips, a confused look on her face.

"Never mind," I quickly added. "So, we're like prisoners?" I asked, changing the topic. She raised an eyebrow. "What was your first clue? The bars? The getting-knocked-out-and-nearly-killed?" She retorted.

I surveyed our surroundings, looking in all directions. Carefully, I twisted my torso and looked up, seeing a small rectangular hole in the wall, with bars eliminating it as a possible choice of an escape. Sunlight streamed inside, leaving a striped shadow on the ground. "What about the window?" I asked.

She got up and looked at the window, the sunlight catching off her hair. Suddenly, a spark of recognition lit inside my mind, but it disappeared as soon as it came. "I don't understand how we could use that as an escape, unless you're hallucinating," She exclaimed.

"No," I replied. "Not as an escape. But I might just have an idea."