7. Crush or be Crushed

Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize

***

A/N: I'm going to introduce some OCs (Bree's sisters) in this chapter, so I hope you won't be too overwhelmed and confused.

***

I like Conner Bailey.

Bree Campbell laid face down in her bed, her comfortable sheets and blanket doing little to soothe her mind.

Bree had finally come to terms with her crush on Conner.

At least Conner was a decent guy, and she wasn't genetically programmed to like jerks, which seemed to be the case for her sisters. They kept on obsessing over "bad boys". Bree had no idea why people would want an overly possessive, manipulative and generally super unhealthy significant other.

Maybe it was because Bree herself was a "bad girl" more than a "good girl". Bree was an adrenaline junkie and she loved doing risky things. She would probably be attracted to a "good boy" for balance and stability.

Except Conner Bailey didn't seem like the typical "good boy". His grades were fluctuating (yes, Bree noticed that), he was very clumsy, and he wasn't a "conventional hot boy" (his best friend, Fred, was one though). Yet, Bree could see that Conner truly had a good heart, which efficiently differentiated him from the jerks. Half of the boys at her school seemed to be jerks and womanizers.

Great, a few days upon discovering her feelings, Bree was already comparing Conner (her crush!) to other boys, and already somehow wondering about their compatibility.

Bree rolled over and her eyes wandered idly over the numerous books on her wooden shelves.

I don't need a boyfriend at this age, Bree thought. My grades and my personal development are the most important things to me at this stage.

Yes, Bree was a sensible girl. Even if with her independence and her advocate for gender equality, she wasn't all "this girl doesn't need a man!". Bree, being a sensible person, did realize that a significant other could help her grow as a person. Bree was all about balance, so if her potential significant other's personality had distinct differences from her's, it would be good for both of them-

Bree slapped her hand over her forehead. Great. Bree, the new Romantic Idealist. She was comforted that even when approaching topics such as romance, she did so in a somewhat logical way. It proved she hadn't completely changed.

"Hey! Bree!" somebody rapped the door. "Evie and Amy just baked some cookies, you want some?"

Bree opened the door. Her middle sister Genevieve "Gen" stood there with crossed arms and sharp blue eyes. She blew out a pink bubblegum bubble then she popped it. "Sounds nice," Bree said, and the two sisters went downstairs to the kitchen together.