1. School Life Just Got Better

Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize

Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize. I do own the idea and my OC(s).

***

She wasn’t looking at him like a boy she thought had a crush on her anymore, but rather the way she looked at her novels: He was the mystery she was invested in now.

~ A Grimm Warning, Chapter Three

***

"New school year, new beginnings," Alex Bailey hummed happily to herself as she skipped along the road.

"Only you can be chirpy in the morning," her twin brother Conner grumbled, looking like he was about to fall asleep while walking. "And it's a school day! I haven't woken up this early for the whole summer holiday!" His face was puffy and his eyes were half-closed. He dragged his feet slowly along the pavement like a zombie.

"We're in seventh grade now," Alex said excitedly, turning to her brother. "Isn't it nice?"

"If it involves school, it's never nice," Conner muttered. He couldn't get why Alex loved school so much.

Almost everyone in the twins' old elementary school went to their junior high. Other than that, there were also people from other elementary schools. But the thing that really ticked Conner off was that Mrs. Peters, his sixth grade teacher, was becoming his current school's principal. He knew Mrs. Peters was a good teacher, but she was so stern and for most of the time Conner was in her bad books, so she was especially strict with him. Just as Conner wanted to take a break from the "dragon lady", she had to be teaching him again.

"Just saying, did you really finish your holiday homework?" Alex gave Conner a stern yet amused glare that reminded him of his mother.

"Of course I did!" Conner said defensively. "Don't you remember how much I had slaved for it last night?" He sighed and massaged his forehead. Charlotte had lectured her son about not finishing his homework earlier, and only stopped to let him do it.

The two continued their path to school, Alex grinning giddily and Conner yawning every minute or so. Once, Conner nearly got hit by a car, as he wasn't paying to where he was walking, but fortunately Alex yanked her brother back. Conner blinked; he was too tired to be alert. The horn blared loudly as the driver glared at Conner, eyebrows knitted together in an unattractive expression.

"Sorry!" Alex cried, grinning sheepishly. Then she whipped her heads towards her brother, demeanor changing from sunny to stormy in less than a second.

"You could have died!" Alex scolded Conner, bright blue eyes filled with anger and worry. "Please be alert!"

"Well, it's been a long time since I had a near death experience," Conner mumbled half to himself, half to Alex.