4. Sticks and stones may break my bones but tripping does it faster

Start from the beginning

"What happened, how did it go, tell me everything."The hybrid is giddy and excited as he answers the call, Petes pixilated video flashing up onto phone screen looking slightly exhausted. Petes answer is delayed, slightly stalled as they bite their lip and it has Brendon nearly frowning in worry and confusion until they speak up.

"It was good."

"Oh c'mon, Pete, you can't just tell me it was good."He stresses, his kitten tail swaying excitedly behind him as he finds a place somewhere back stage to lean against a wall and bring the phone screen further up so he can take a good look at Pete.

"It was- cute, okay?"They're blushing, looking away from the camera in hopes that Brendon don't press for more details but when they turn back, Brendon has the stare on at full force, brown eyes a bit wider and pressing which has Pete sighing loudly."Ryan took me ice skating, I fell a lot, he got to be the big supportive date and 'teach me' how to ice skate. It was cute."

"So it was a date!"

"It wasn't a date!"

"You just said it was!"Brendon is squealing loudly, a grin splitting his face and alerting a lot of unamused looking crew and venue members that are passing the loud hybrid."It was a date, you went on a date with Ryan Ross and you liked it!"

"It's not even a big deal,"

"It's a massive deal, Pete!"Brendon gasps, mouth agape a little."After 10 years of dancing around one another, you finally went on an official first date. Did you kiss? Please tell me yous kissed, I get Ryan is a great kisser and I mean I know you are but who cares about that, does he is good? Is his lips soft? Does he wear flavoured chapstick because I always pick him as a cherry kind of guy-"

"I think you should be kissing Ryan and not me by the sounds of it."Pete rolls their eyes and there's an undertone of slight jealousy in their voice which Brendon takes in his stride, all smiling and bubbling."We've kissed before, y'know, so it's not a big deal either."

"I will fly my ass back home and personally kick you in the ass if you say it's not a big deal one more time Peter."It's a halfhearted threat as Brendon groans and bitches on about how much of a pessimistic person that Pete Wentz sometimes is."Have you told Joshua? Do I need to give Ryan the shovel talk?"

"I haven't and don't you be telling Dallon either. God knows he's been expecting this since we were 17 and I don't want to give him the satisfaction that he's been right all this time."Which is true because Pete had been blindly oblivious to Ryan Ross's undying crush on them and Ryan had had the worst timing to bring it up in the first place. Ryan had just been unfortunate to have played the shoulder to cry on for all of these years to Petes heartbreaks and cries.

Which, when Pete looks back on it now, they can see why Ryan had always been the one that Pete sought for and why Ryan had always been the one to be their first. It's not that Dallon hadn't cared, Dallon had is own problems to deal with, but Ryan had always just been there faster, always just a phone call away or around the corner with a pint of ice cream and a hug for a sobbing Pete and their broken heart.

"But it's adorable and the whole world should know, Pete!"

"Promise me."They stress, desperate for Brendon's promise to keep it a secret and so not the jinx something that is only at the beginning of happening. If it has been up to Pete, they wouldn't have even told Brendon if it wasn't for the fact that Brendon can see right through their lies and is the most trustworthy person they know.

"I promise,"He sighs, holding up a pinky finger to the front camera of Dallons phone and only pulling it away once Pete has down the same in a virtual pinky promise. Brendon gives Pete a small reassuring smile,"I miss you."