4. Sticks and stones may break my bones but tripping does it faster

Start from the beginning

"Babe, I've seen you walk into a door."

"It was a glass door, I was easily mistaken."He defends himself, shrugging his shoulders to rid of the reddening embarrassment that rises onto his cheeks. Brendon is not the most observant of beings, especially with being so caught up in his own world, so of course he walks into things every once in awhile. It has nothing to do with bad eyesight whatsoever.

"It was bright red."Dallon deadpans, watching as Brendon goes to storm past him to explore more of the venue and get himself into trouble.

"Piss off-"Brendon's words are cut off with a screech of laughs as he's pulled towards Dallon and his lips are pressed with a kiss to shut him up. He tensed momentarily before he's smiling against familiar lips that are so soft but taste so bitter of coffee as they kiss tenderly, passionately for the first time in a long time while on tour.

Dallon is the first to admit that he has not been living up to his promises to Brendon like he had, something that he's ashamed of admitting but to proud to bring up, letting it simmer under the surface like something ready to be exploded in an argument. He's busy, it's understandable and Brendon knows that, but you can only use busy as an excuse so much when you're neglecting a part of a lifestyle that both have grown very accustomed to.

Tour has basically only started but he can already notice a very big difference between himself and Brendon, especially with the lack of free time on their hands. When they were at home, they spent days and weeks in their little world of baby and Daddy but on tour Brendon hasn't been little in awhile and Dallon is just an angsty as Brendon is about that fact because both of them know how important it is for one another.

"God, you two are fucking disgusting."Ryan pushes past them, breaking the lovey dovey kiss apart, all in fondness and teasing because really, Ryan thinks that Brendon and Dallon bring out the best in each other, no matter how much of a dickhead that Brendon seems to be. And he's not especially hurt by how Brendon is either because he'll warm up to him eventually, or maybe that's just how Brendon is.

"We're actually fucking adorable."Brendon hisses in defence.

"Isn't your daddy going to spank you for using bad language?"He wiggles his eyebrows teasingly, laughing as Brendons cheeks start to blush a crimson red but the hybrid shakes it off rather quickly.

"Ask nicely and he'll spank you too,"Brendon's smile is so devious but innocent as he wraps his arms around Dallon and buries his face into his chest, purring loud enough for Ryan to hear across the stage in a pure display of claiming Dallon as his own as he scents him. Their home scent is fading, something that makes Brendon feel incredibly homesick about because Dallon no longer smells of their washing detergent or of the various scents that make up their home, but instead of hotel scents and stale air from airplane travel.

"Ryan can spank himself, he's a grown man."Dallon rolls his eyes, smirking when Ryan flips him off, trotting towards the mantled drumkit to begin practice a couple of songs. Dallon presses a kiss to the top of Brendon's hair, mumbling."Just because we're away from home, it doesn't mean our rules don't stand."

"He started it!"

"And I'm finishing it."Dallon is immune to the Brendon Stare that's so full of snark and spoilt traits to get his own way, pulling out his phone when he feels it buzzing in his back pocket, frowning at the contact name."It's Pete-"

"It's for me, it's for me, give me the phone!"Brendon is already snatching the phone out of Dallons fumbling hands, waiting for this phone call since the night before. Dallon is left stranded on the stage, dazzled and confused as Brendon runs off stage to take the 'urgent' phone call, speaking excitedly.