Chapter 22-End

Mingrui's P.O.V

I came off the stage, my heart pounding. I wanted to hear her answer, but at the same time I didn't. I couldn't help but think that she would answer with something hurtful. She could give me a whole list of reasons why she would never love me.

I start to hyperventilate, thinking about this. But then, as if on que, as I stand there at the bottom of the stairs, Y/N comes running to me, quickly wrapping her arms around my torso in a hug. She's shaking. Is she crying?

"Why didn't you tell me?! " She almost yells as she pulls from the hug, hitting my chest with her fists.

I wince a little, staring at her. I didn't mean to make her cry.

"Han told me that you wrote the song for me. Why did you do that!? You could have just told me normally! You didn't have to let the school know!" She said as she dried her tears.

I breathed shakily, looking at her and then pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry I didn't know how to tell you... I wanted to tell you in a special way, and I thought that singing it would give me a better chance. I put my heart and soul into that song. And I just wanted to tell you before it was too late..."

Her arms that had found there way back around my torso tightened as she slowly stopped shaking. I lightly rubbed her back soothingly.

"shhhh~" I say.

Her head was pushed into my chest. I could feel her fingers digging into my suit jacket.

I sigh a little, setting my head down on the top of her head.

I didn't expect this. I would have been ready for anything else, even her saying 'no' but this... I just don't know.

She stayed there, in my arms, until the pep rally ended. It was just a bunch of useless announcements about picture day.

Soon it ended and we were all sent to our 6th period class. It's Friday and we go home after this. She didn't even give me an answer, didn't even tell me she needed time to think about it. I sigh and sit down in my seat.

Skip-After School-

I put my backpack on my back and exit the classroom. The teach kept me back so that I could help sort papers.

I make my way out of the school building walking out the gates to see my mom waiting by her car.

"So? Did you get the girl?" She asks.

"Well-"

I get cut off when I see Y/N running over to me. She puts her hands on my shoulders for support as she gets on her tip toes and kisses my cheek. And then she simply runs away. A light blush comes across my cheeks.

"I guess that's my answer." My mom said.

......

"So in conclusion Meliná" I say to my 12 year old daughter, " No matter how old you are, it's okay to be afriad, because no matter how long it takes there will always be someone you love to help you through it."

"Yeah Mel!" My 15 year old son, Jason, says, "Mom and dad got together because of mom's fear of the dark, maybe it could be the same for you!"

I smile at my children, kissing the both of their foreheads before turning of the light and leaving their rooms. Going to me and Y/N's room.

"It's been 25 years and you can still tell that story perfectly." Y/N says.

I kiss her, "25 Years huh? I might need a bit of a reminder... Um, how old are you?"