v

(unedited)

"bye mom! bye dad!" gabbie waved as her parents' minivan pulled out of the driveway with all of her siblings inside. when the car disappeared from her sight she let out a sigh of relief. "they're gone!" liza exclaimed happily from the couch. gabbie laughed and turned back around to go join her friends. "so, whats the plan for tonight?" david asked, propping his feet up on the coffee table. "already tired of daytime talk shows?" zane teased. "yeah, it would be better if they had tamar back." david rolled his eyes. liza nodded in agreement, "they did even tell us why she was fired!" zane let out a chuckle. 

"guys!" gabbie snapped, getting her friends' attention. "focus!" she whined, squeezing herself in between zane and the end of the couch opposite from the one liza was sitting on. zane pulled his arm out from between him and gabbie and wrapped it  around her shoulders. "i have an idea!" liza piped up. david, zane, and gabbie all perked up and stared at liza. "remember our old treehouse?" liza asked, reaching for some popcorn that was sitting on the coffee table. "the one from seventh or eighth grade?" david asked.

"eighth, duh. our seventh grade one doesn't even exist anymore." zane answered davids question for liza. liza gestured towards zane and held up a duh  expression on her face. "well what about it? we havent been there for years." gabbie asked. "well then why don't we go tonight! it's our last summer here, let's make it nostalgic!" liza beamed. "we can bring blankets and lights and pillows and snacks and movies!" gabbie squealed, getting excited. zane laughed at her actions. "hey! what are you laughing at!" gabbie turned to face him. he smiled, "you're funny hanna." gabbie smiled back, "you too hijazi."

"guys! lets get packing if we want to go!" david rolled his eyes and huffed. "okay, okay." zane sighed and got up from the couch. he extended his hand for gabie and she gladly accepted. "i feel lonely all by myself on this couch." liza pouted, crossing her arms and looking down. "no, baby!" gabbie cried, running over to liza and wrapping her in a hug, causing both the girls to start giggling. "girls are weird man," david said shortly, standing up as well. gabbie and liza both turned around and stuck their tongues out at david at the same time, making them laugh even harder. "cmon, lets go!" zane said exasperated. "i call gabbie!" liza exclaimed, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the living room. "you two take care of snacks and drinks, we're on blankets, pillows, and lights!" liza yelled to david and zane as her and gabbie ran upstairs. 

"zane, lets get straight to the point and just cut the fucking small talk." david turned to face zane with a dead straight stare. "woah dave, you okay?" zane said, holding his hands up in defense and taking a step back. "do you like gabbie or not?" david asked, folding his arms and tapping his foot impatiently. "wow, okay." zane said, clearly caught off guard. "answer the question zane." david said as he led them to the kitchen. "im being completely honest when i say that i dont know david." zane replied truthfully while grabbing a bag of chips out of the pantry. "i call bullshit," david scoffed.