iv

(unedited)

"what?!" gabbies jaw dropped along with the apple in her hand. "gabrielle!" gabbies mom shouted at her and her eyes widened. "sorry," gabbie mumbled as she reached down and picked up the apple. "we're leaving in two hours, you better be ready." her mom scoffed. "i didn't even know about the trip!" gabbie defended herself, clearly exasperated. "well now you do, get packing." gabbies mom blatantly stated and started to walk away from the group.

"mrs. hanna wait!" liza stepped forward, causing gab's mom to turn back around. liza was always her favorite of gabbies friends, liza was polite and used her manners, something that she claimed 'gabbie needed to learn.' "she can stay with me!" liza blurted out. mrs. hanna furrowed her eyebrows at liza and cocked her head. "i mean, she's stayed with me before! and- well- i- my parents wouldn't mind! it would really be no problem ma'am! this is our last summer together as a group before college, we just want to enjoy it! if possible, could you think about it please?" liza rambled on as she snuck her fingers to interlock with mine.

gabbies mom laughed a little bit but her laugh quickly faded as she tapped her pointer finger to her lip. "could you handle being by yourself?" she asked gabbie directly, her tone dropping to something that could be described as stern. gabbie nodded repetitively as she squeezed lizas hand with excitement. "i promise i'll behave! you have my word." gabbie said proudly, trying to hide the smile creeping onto her face. her mom nodded and thought in silence for a little bit longer as the group waited in a state of anxious hope. "okay, you can stay." gabbies mom started. "thank you!" gabbie squealed as she turned around to hug all of her friends.

"if!" her mom continued, causing gabbie to sigh and turn back around. "you promise to take care of the house. i want updates on how everything's going! and don't do anything stupid!" she finished. gabbie face brightened as a smile became very apparent. "thank you thank you thank you!" she exclaimed excitedly running up to her mom and encompassing her in a hug. "woah!" gabbies mom laughed as she pushed her daughter off of her. "i'm gonna go tell your father, and we'll be gone soon. go do, whatever you were planning on," her mom smiled and turned around to walk away once again.