ii

(unedited)

"get in bitches!" david yelled from the passenger door window as zane refused to slow down while approaching gabbies house. liza rolled her eyes and stood up quickly, followed by gabbie. "well stop the car!" she yelled back to her boyfriend. "nope! sorry baby." david grinned. liza sighed and started running towards the car, grabbing gabbies hand and dragging her along. the boy's and girl's laughs collided gracefully as liza struggled to grasp the door handle.

"let me try!" gabbie said, half out of breath from running. liza nodded and pulled gabbie up ahead of her. "come on girls! we're about to leave the neighborhood! don't wanna miss your ride, do you?" zane teased from the drivers seat. gabbie giggled at his antics and wrapped her hand around the handle. she yanked at it and scoffed when she found out it was locked. "zane!" gabbie whined causing david to go into a bigger fit of laughter. "okay, okay," zane said. gabbie heard the click of the car as the door unlocked and she pulled at the handle once more. the door flew open unexpectedly quick receiving little screams from both gabbie and liza.

"we've got this!" liza encouraged. the end of the street was approaching quickly and gabbie took the chance she had to hop inside. she jumped as far in as she could causing herself to fall onto the floor in between the backseat and drivers seat. "your turn babygirl!" david screamed at liza while recording her for her snapchat story. gabbie stuck her hands out of the car door for liza as she ran faster. "you better not post this!" liza screamed as she grasped gabbies hand and hopped inside. she slammed the car door behind her and laughed along with the rest of her friends.

"good game," david said highfiving both of the girls. "i would like to clarify that none of that was my idea," zane stated. gabbie shortly exhaled out of her nose and rolled her eyes. "still your car sir!" she said reaching over the drivers seat and messing up zane's hair. liza laughed a little bit and whipped out her phone to snapchat what was happening. "first day of summer!" she said excitedly recording them all in the car as her friends hooped and hollered over the pop music blasting through the speakers.

the four teens soon arrived at the diner and hopped out of the car. "ready?" david asked the group. "baby, i was born ready." zane said making liza laugh as they started heading inside. "hey guys?" gabbie piped up causing the three other teens to turn back around. "can we promise something?" she asked. "promise what? is something wrong?" zane asked concerned wrapping his arm around her shoulders and rubbing her arm. gabbie shook her head. "no nothings wrong, but i don't want this year to be wasted." she explained.

"promise to make this the best summer break of all time?" gabbie stuck her pinky finger out to her friends. "promise." they all said at the same time, interlocking all four of their fingers.