Watching City Lights

"And this is the Pike! There's a movie theater, bowling alley, arcade, and places to eat." I looked over to Chris who was holding Angel.

"Well what do you want to do?" Chris questioned as he looked around at all the shops.

"Anything, as long as we get to do the Ferris Wheel when it gets dark. I'm afraid of heights but I love the view from up there." I said as I dreamily remembered the last time my brother and I rode it.

"Okay, so how about we do the arcade? It'll keep Angel entertained." he smiled at Angel and then looked back to me for confirmation. I nodded and then we headed for the games.

"Alright, I've got a fifty dollar bill so that will give us 200 coins."

"Don't worry about it Jen, today is my treat."

"But I'm supposed to be showing you around."

"Consider me paying as a thank you then."

I sighed and looked into Chris' eyes. He seemed to be genuinely happy to pay so I just let him win. I seem to let him win everything and it's not something I normally do. Why am I all of a sudden letting people in?

I watched as he pulled a hundred dollar bill from his wallet and fill his pockets with 400 coins.

"This should last a few hours and then we can eat and ride the ferris wheel."

I nodded and grabbed Angel's hand at the same time Chris grabbed his other one. I let a small smile grace my face at the idea of Chris helping me raise Angel. I don't know why that idea came to my head, but it did. And well, I liked it.

"Hey Angel, wanna race mommy?" Chris asked as we approached the Fast and Furious games.

"Yes! Mommy I'm gonna beat you!" Angel said as he made a run for one of the seats.

"Oh no you won't!!!" I laughed and chased after him with Chris hot on my heels. I sat in a seat next to Angel's and Chris sat Angel in his lap so he could work the gas pedal and brakes for him.

After Angel picked a red mustang and I picked a blue corvette we got ready to race. Unfortunately, Angel did beat me, but I think he and Chris cheated.

By the time we finished off all the coins we had won over eight thousand five hundred (8,500) tickets. When we took Angel over to the ticket return he picked out a giant Teddy Bear and then gave it to me as a present.

I've never seen any kid waste all of his tickets to buy their own mother a gift. My mom always said Angel is too spoiled, he's not boyish enough, but I believe he will grow into a good man. One that treats ladies right. I'll find someone to have in my life that will show him a good example of a great man.

After the arcade we walked over to Famous Dave's and sat down to eat.

I watched as Angel ate his chicken strips. God, he's growing up so much. I don't even have to help him eat anymore. I can't believe he'll be seven in a few months. I don't think I've even asked what he wants for his birthday. I'll have to ask.

Once we finished our food, Chris and I argued, once again, about who would pay. Chris gently yet sternly told me whenever I was with him, I wouldn't be paying for anything. I understand it's the gentleman thing to do, but I don't like people having to pay for me or my son. I feel like I'm being irresponsible when I have others paying.

I still agreed to let him pay anytime we were together. I just feel as if I don't like arguing with Chris. Something inside of me doesn't feel right when we do.

Chris POV

(A/N : I can't believe I'm actually going to try this lol)

Earlier today I admitted to the guys I have feelings for Jennifer. I couldn't lie to them. They figured it out when I randomly asked her to be the merch girl. Yes, we did need one, but normally I'm really professional and go through an entire interview. With Jennifer I didn't. I wanted to get to know her better but I knew we'd be leaving soon. So having her as my merchandise seller was my best chance.

Back to the topic at hand, I finally got her to stop trying to pay. Now we're heading over to the Ferris Wheel since it's dark out now.

While we waited in line I kept my hood up and head down. No one has recognized me today but, the ones who actually like me are creatures of the night.

(A/N: See What I Did There ;) haha)

When we finally got up to the front, the young girl working the ticket booth noticed me.

She quietly whispered "Are you Chris Motionless?"

I looked at her wearily and then nodded. Why wasn't she screaming like most fans?

"I'm whispering so you aren't bombarded by fans. You obviously want to stay hidden since you have your hood up."

I smiled in thanks to her and then pulled a pen from my pocket. "You have any paper?"

She nodded and pulled an old receipt from her pocket.

"I'm Gracie. With an I-E not a Y."

"Okay Gracie." I signed the receipt and then handed it to her with a smile. "Have a good night." I winked and then rushed Jennifer and Angel onto the Ferris Wheel. Once we were finally on and seated I notice Jen smiling at me.

"What?" I asked worriedly.

"You're so caring to your fans."

I gave a small chuckle. "The fans are so caring to me. It's only polite to care for them."

"I think the fans see it as you care for them with your music so they care for you by respecting you and your personal life and such."

I nodded with a smile and then noticed Jen shiver. "Hey, are you cold?"

"Just a little, I'll warm up sooner or later."

I took off my jacket and tried to give it to her but instead she gave it to Angel who was cuddled into her.

Dammit Chris! How could you not think to see if he was cold?

"Thank you Chris." Angel said in his small adorable voice.

"Of course kiddo." He stood and made his way over to me. "I think your mommy may be warmer if we sit by her and her Teddy Bear." I said as I stood and walked over to Jennifer.

For the next twenty minutes Jennifer and I bonded. I even bonded with Angel a bit and learned that his birthday is in October.

"Do you know what you want for your birthday kiddo?"

"A daddy." he said quietly in a small voice. I heard a small gasp come from Jen's mouth and I looked to her and gave her a small reassuring smile to let her know it was okay.

"Angel that's not something we can just buy." she told him and he nodded then cuddled back into my chest.

But it is definitely something I plan on fixing.

After another ten minutes of talking we were at the top. Angel and I both gasped at the sight and Jennifer just smiled.

The view was absolutely gorgeous. After sitting and watching for five minutes Angel fell asleep in my arms and the Ferris Wheel started to spin again. I guess this was my chance.

"Hey Jennifer."

She looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes.

"I know we have only know each other for what? A day and some hours? But... sitting up here watching the city lights with you, I feel like we have a connection. A deep one. And I know it may be hard for you because you've got Angel, but would you please consider letting me take you on a date?"

I watched as her eyes went big.

Jennifer's POV

Consider letting him take me on a date? No one has ever really asked me on a proper date. Should I take this opportunity? Do I like Chris in that way?

Maybe a date will help me figure it out.

"Yeah Chris, that'd be nice." I watched as an adorable smile appeared upon his face. His eyes had this twinkle to it that made me feel special. That's when I realized, the way I've been acting different, the thoughts about him being a father to Angel, I do have romantic feelings for Chris Cerulli.

~~~~~