Stressing Over Nothing!

It's been a few weeks since the barbecue with the family. I took a pregnancy test a couple of minutes ago since Chris has been talking about his "loss of control" non-stop when we are alone. I mean, I get it. He's freaking out about possibly becoming a father. I don't feel he has any reason to. He does so well with Angel, but I do understand his mindset of it. One will be his step-child and another his biological child. Sheesh, now I'm talking as if I'm pregnant. I mean, honestly, I doubt it. Before being with Chris I was on birth control, I just stopped my treatment within the last month and don't think it's completely worn off. He had no idea, and honestly, I might just tell him about it to calm his nerves. Though I'd rather not.

"Jen! Are you home?" Well sounds like the boys are home from ice skating.

"I'm upstairs babe!" I stepped out of our room to meet them at the top of the stairs. "Hi Angel! Did you have fun bud!"

"Hi mommy! I did! Daddy fall down but I didn't!"

"Nice job Angel! Hey, why don't you go wash up so you can help me make dinner for you and the guys!"

"Okay!" And with that, Angel took off for his bathroom.

"Hey Jenny, what're you up to love."

"C'mon, let me show you." I grabbed his hand as I started walking into our bed room. "Take a seat babe." I let go off his hand as we passed the love seat in front of our TV.

"Jennifer, what are you hiding."

"I'm going to finally put your mind to rest." I walked into our bathroom and brought out the pregnancy test. "I haven't looked at the results yet. I want you to. I think finally knowing if I am pregnant or not will put your mind to rest." I knelt down in front of him as I handed him the test. "Just know Chris, whatever this test says, we're going to get through it. With having kids, parents make mistakes, but I know you'll do the best you can and you should know I'm going to help you every step of the way."

He nodded his head as he uncovered the test and looked down at it. His eyes widened just a fraction before he took a deep breath and opened his mouth.

"Well baby, it looks like-"

"Mommy I'm ready!" Angel came running into the room and tackled my side in a hug. "What's cookin' lookin'!" Oh no, Ricky is trying to teach my baby pick up lines again. I giggled and kissed his forehead.

As I stood up I smiled at Chris. "I'm not really worried about it, I took it for you. You can tell me what it says after dinner." I got a huge smile and a nod before being pulled onto his lap and being kissed.

"I love you Jen."

"I love you too, Chris." I kissed his forehead before trying to get up. "Now unhand me so I can go cook dinner." I laughed out as I struggled. Once he let me go he leaned back into the couch with a deep breath. I already knew the answer before taking it. I just needed him to understand that I would help him through it all and we'd be just fine, no matter what.

"So, Angel, what should we make for dinner?"

"Pesto Pastaaaaaaa!!" He screamed as he started for the kitchen.

"Pesto Pasta it is then!" I giggled as I followed behind him.

Later that night after the guys had all gone home and Angel had been tucked into bed, Chris pulled me down onto the seat in our room.

"Are you finally relaxed babe?" I asked him as I straddled his lap.

"I am. Although I have a feeling you already know what the test says."

"I don't know for sure babe," I shook my head, "but I do have an inkling you could say, about whether I'm pregnant or not."

"Do you think you're pregnant baby?"

"I don't Chris. In fact, I know I'm not."

"How?"

"Well for one, I know my body very well, I didn't have any symptoms of being pregnant. And second... I've just recently stopped birth control. I had my last dose the day before Angel and I came to surprise you. There's no way it had worn off by then baby."

He took a deep breath and smiled while shaking his head. "Damn you're good. You told me not to worry and I still did. When will I learn to listen to you?"

"Honestly, when will you?" I giggled before kissing him. "Come on, let's go to bed."

"Of course." He lifted me up and carried me to bed with him, and that night, for the first night since the bon fire, Chris slept peacefully.