Chapter 1: Introductions

Hello, my name is Blossom Hitomawa! You're probably wondering what kind of random story I'm about to tell you, huh? First of all... I have straight, long, light blue hair. Blue eyes and I'm actually really pale. Not near vampire pale though. This story I'm about to tell you, is how I got recruited to become a guild member! The rest, it all depends to what happens after I meet the Councils. Anyways, my day started like this...

I was walking through the school halls. This school, and classes isn't my thing. I only went to school because if I don't, the Azorious Arrester's would throw me to detention class. This is sort of why I hated Ravnica. Azorious was so strict about everything.

"Blossom!" Someone yelled my name and I stopped to look back.

It was my friend Akane Nomura. Akane had spiked up black hair with blue dyed on some certain layers of his hair. He had dark blue eyes, and he was fair skinned.

"How did you do on the exam? I was about to check my scores on the board, if you didn't check yours yet." He told me.

Ah, I forgot to mention! A few months ago, we had an exam. This exam will place us in a guild. These guilds aren't normal guild like a club. There are ten guilds in Ravnica:

The Orzhov guild is founded on the beliefs that wealth is power, that structure breeds wealth, and that guilt creates structure. The guild is run like a combination religion, credit-lending agency, and crime syndicate. An ostentatious hierarchy of priests, enforcers, and ghostly councilors rules over a congregation of guilt-bound loyalists, indebted undead, and thrull servants. Many Orzhov guild members truly believe that their rule is necessary for making Ravnica the best it can be, and they are unscrupulous in their methods of seizing power. Most Ravnicans see the Orzhov for the corrupt organization they are, but many are lured in by their promises of wealth, prestige, and longevity.

In the dark, slick corridors of the undercity lurks the unfathomable network of the Dimir guild. House Dimir is Ravnica's dark but open secret: the populace knows Dimir exists but they pretend it doesn't. The Dimir's role in Ravnica is to provide covert services that other guilds can't or won't, using their secrecy as both weapon and defense. Dimir is hidden even from itself, using pockets of covert agents who are aware of only a few other contacts. Dimir agents leave no trace, destroying memories of witnesses to their crimes, and even going so far as to eliminate their own memories of their assignments.

The Gruul are a loose affiliation of savage clans who squat in Ravnica's alleyways, abandoned zones, and overgrown ruins. Many Gruul warriors and shamans have come to occupy the Rubblebelt, a broken thread of war-ruined land and settlements that begins near the outskirts of Ravnica's Tenth District. Warfare among the Gruul is constant and almost ritualistic; the Gruul believe that only the strong should survive and rule. The Gruul are the most anti-civilization and disenfranchised of all of Ravnica's guilds, and as such are the most ill at ease in a world covered by city.

The Rakdos Cult is a large group of hedonists, sadists, criminals, and psychopaths under the leadership of a powerful demon named Rakdos. The Rakdos Cult combines an instinctual bloodlust and desire for power. They're sadistic and cruel simply for the fun of it. Opportunistic violence is their modus operandi. Mayhem and personal enjoyment is their goal. They want Ravnica to bow to their whims and anything that gets in their way-or happens to be walking by-is fair game.

The Selesnya guild sees itself as the voice of Mat'Selesnya, a mysterious consciousness they believe to be the manifestation of nature itself. All within the guild are considered mouthpieces of that singular voice, and they seek to expand their guild by evangelizing their message and adding members. The Selesnya message is personal as well as public: individuals must silence their own consciousness in order to hear the will of their guildmaster, a three-headed dryad who is the spiritual transmitter of Mat'Selesnya.