Chapter 15: Theros

Xenagos had led the others to a new planes.

"I-I can't believe it... We went to a different planes!" Kay-May said.

K.C. couldn't help but start to ask Xenagos questions. "Where did you take us?"

"To my planes, Theros. It would be such a shame to abandon you
four." Xenagos said.

Hikari looked at Yami. "Did Nevar and Akane make it?" He asked.

Yami shrugged. "Let's hope they did."

"Why did you take us to Theros?" K.C. asked.

Xenagos smirked. "If you want to return to Ravnica, so be it. Your friends who safely made it in their guilds are safe."

"Xenagos, why are the students here?" Someone said.

Everyone turned around to see Elspeth.

"Elspeth. Of course. I take it you didn't hear the news?" Xenagos asked her.

She looked at the students confusingly.

K.C. clenched her fists. "Our school was destroyed. All the guild leaders are missing."

Elspeth's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Your little dragon friend, destroyed the school. Anyways, these students are no longer MY responsibility. I took them here to safety." Xenagos said, as he started to walk away.

Yami and Hikari looked at Xenagos, then Elspeth.

"Xenagos! You can't just bring the students to a new planes! You took an oa-" Elspeth stopped, when Xenagos turned to her.

"The school was destroyed. I no longer abide by the rules. It was either bring them here to safety, or have them be captured by your dragon friend." Xenagos said.

With those words, Xenagos left.

"Elspeth, if you don't mind me asking... Why were we able to go to a different planes? I know for a fact, that we can't change planes. We're not like you." K.C. said.

Elspeth let out a soft sigh and motioned for them to follow her.

"All of you, who were chosen in guilds. Your friends. They all don't reside in Ravnica. Kay-May, you're the only one who resides here. All your friends, are from different planes. Do you not find it a coincidence that all your friends live in different planes? That all you're all chosen for the ten guilds?" Elspeth said.

Yami rolled his eyes. "Get to the point."

Elspeth glanced at Yami. "You're all keys. That dragon, Nicol Bolas is hunting down the ten keys. These ten keys,  if obtained by him, is said to combine all the planes in one. Planes such as Ravnica, Zendikar, even Theros... Will become one. Only then will he be able to destroy this world and take control."

"Are you saying that we're the ten keys?" Hikari asked.

Elspeth nods her head. "You catch on quickly. It is our job to protect you. Sadly, beings such as Xenagos... Are to hunt you down."

"Wait, Xenagos is a bad guy? I thought all Planeswalkers are good." Hikari said.

"No, Planeswalkers such as Xenagos, are corrupted in the head. For now, you will stay under the watch of a God." Elspeth told them.

Kay-May looked around and nudged K.C.

"What? Huh?" K.C. looked around too.

They were being followed by Centaurs.

"Whoa..." Yami's jaw dropped.

In front of them was a giant forest.

The trees were moving.

"Are those...Hands?!" Kay-May yelled.

Elspeth looked up at the tree.

The tree slowly turned to face them and a face was revealed.

"Elspeth, you've returned. Welcome back. Who might those humans be?" The tree asked.

Elspeth looked at the students. "These are the keys in the prophecy. Children, this is Karametra the God of Harvest. She shelters the humans, and other beings here. I assure that you all will be safe here."

"So, you're going to leave us here? You can't leave us. We have to find our friends!" Hikari told Elspeth.

Elspeth raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you the only ones left who didn't make it into your guild safely?"

"No, Nevar and Akane are still in Ravnica. We got separated during the attack." K.C. said.

"And Gideon took Blossom to Sorin." Hikari added.

Elspeth closed her eyes to think. "This is not good... But, you're all currently scattered... Nicol Bolas will have a hard time locating the keys this way."

"Elspeth, if I may. Leave the others here and return to Ravnica to find the other two. If one of them is with Gideon, then that one should be fine. I will be sure to let the allied gods know that the keys are safe with me. I will ask Thassa and Nylea to make sure Mogis, Phenanx and Erebos do not interfere." Karametra told them.

Elspeth nods her head. "Thank you. Do you understand? Do nor leave Karametra's side."

She opened a portal and left.

K.C. crossed her arms. "Honestly, I'm shocked about this. But, I don't feel worried."

"Same here" Yami said.

Karametra reached out to them. "Please, come inside the forest. We have to make sure you are not found."

Everyone looked at each other, before walking in the forest.

"You will be safe here. Karametra shelters all humans." A centaur said, as he walked up to them.

"Yeah, we'll be safe. But, what about the others?" K.C. asked.

Kay-May looked at K.C. "K.C. If you trust Elspeth. They will be found. I trust her."

"I don't know what's happening. I don't really even know how we became the keys." Hikari said.

Yami crossed his arms. "I feel like... Everything we have done back then, was a set up."

"Oh, humans. Please, don't worry about the outside. Come join us." The tree behind them spoke.

"Waaah!" Kay-May quickly covered her mouth.

The tree behind them spoke. " Oh, yes. I forgot. I'm a tree. Haha, you may call me and my beings a Sylvan Caryatid. We're like, plant people."

More centaurs and a few humans walked over to them.

"Come on, you must all be starving." One of the centaurs said.

They all just looked at each other, before agreeing.