Chapter 44

Beast Boy's POV

I woke up to hear crying in the nursery from the monitor we still kept. I know I shouldn't get up but I needed to find out who was crying. I knew it wasn't one of my kids because their cries are so high pitched. This was a low and despairing cry.

I shuffle out the door still groggy from sleeping. I walk into the nursery to find Raven meditating with tears running down her cheeks.

"Raven please. What is wrong. I love you, please, tell me what's wrong." I'm worried. Raven might have that necklace now but she doesn't like to cry much. Her eyes shoot open.

"Beast Boy! You need to be in bed! You're going to rip your stitches!" She scream-yelled while tears ran down her face.

"No I'll be fine. Raven, why are you crying?" I say beside her.

"I told them and Starfire was being a jerk and I can't do this! I've got kids to take care of, I'm pregnant and I have to take care of Starfire and Aiden. I'm just one person!" She was crying into my chest now. I felt her tears slowly stream down my skin and soak in at the rim of my pants. I had forgotten to put on a shirt.

"Raven you'll be fine. Everything will work itself out. I'll talk to Starfire if you want. She needs to stop drinking." I say, trying to comfort her.

"Please?" Her voice breaks as she looks up at me like a little kid.

"No problem." I smile reassuringly at Raven.

"Thank you." She whispers. I kiss her forehead and she stays in my lap. I hold her close, soon enough I hear soft steady breathing. I laugh to myself. Raven hadn't gotten much sleep lately, she's been too busy with everything else going on.

I pick her up bridal style and walk to our room. I lay her down very carefully. Just as I lay down next to her, she smiles and wraps her arms around me. I wrap my arms around her and pull her close. Soon enough I am also asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Yay! Update!