chapter 8

"Atticus, Cherry, thank goodness, I was worried about you both." Jessica smiled.

"Aw, Cherry, come here, it's okay." Thor said before hugging Cherry suddenly.

"I... Uh... Uhh... I... I..." Cherry stammered, unable to speak properly again.

"Is she okay?" Darla asked Atticus.

"I'm... Not sure..." Atticus replied.

"Ooh, I can't wait to tell my uncle I'm in love~" Thor smiled once he let go of Cherry. "Oh! Maybe I will now."

"DON'T DO--" Cherry cried out, but he soon teleported away. "That... Oh, I am so dead."

"Let's watch what happens next." Darla smiled.

"But... But... But... But..." Cherry stammered about Thor before the others carried her off. "Maybe I'm overreacting... Maybe he won't even be home..."

"Yeah." Jessica nodded.

"Heh..." Cherry smiled nervously.

"I hope I have time before the next number..." Thor told himself as he came up to the council building and knocked on the door.

"GO AWAY OR I'LL TURN YOU INTO A FROG!" Drell's voice yelled out.

"Uncle Drell, it's me." Thor spoke up.

"Oh... Come on in, son." Drell then allowed.

Thor soon walked inside, looking a little bashful with a silly smile on his face, shuffling his foot.

"Oh, I recognize that look," Drell smirked to him from behind his desk. "I think someone's found his true love."

"I think she might be the one." Thor smiled.

"Is that so?" Drell chuckled as he soon stood up to ruffle up his nephew's hair.

"Heh... Yeah..." Thor smiled bashfully. "She's just so unique and amazing... She's not like the other girls. I just hope you'll like her. Um..." he then twiddled his fingers. "Can I have her over for when we have Sunday dinner at your house as my date?"

"Sure, what's her name?" Drell asked as he took a drink.

"Oh, the most perfect and special name, just like her," Thor smiled, looking obliviously happy. "Cherry Butler!~"

After hearing this name, Drell did a spit take.

"Ah, I'm so happy, I feel like I could dance..." Thor smiled. "I better get back to the Theater... She's waiting for me..." he then said before going to leave with a spring in his step. "I'm so excited!"

Drell was soon seen alone with his left eye twitching.

Cherry shook another chill down her spine as she sat down with the others as the show was coming back.

"Did I miss anything?" Thor asked as he soon came back.

"Seems to be a delay, don't worry." Phoebe told her brother as she soon used her magic to give herself a cute dress with a tiara.

"That's good." Thor smiled.

Cherry glanced at him and looked back.

"I hope it starts up again and quick!" Phoebe frowned. "I was enjoying it!"

"I'm sure it will." Thor said.

Eventually, Kermit came back on stage which made everyone look to him.

"Ooh, shh..." Oddball shushed the others as things quieted down.

"It's time for our song, and if we don't raise the money tonight, it might be the last time we sing together." Kermit told the audience.