chapter 2

The next day came and everyone went on a bus to take them into town. Cherry stared out the window as she listened to music and Darla and Oddball were both excited to meet the Muppets up close.

"I can't believe we're going to meet them." Oddball smiled.

They soon came to what looked like a broken down theater. They came out in front of the gates of Muppet Studios along with three guests who were also there and appeared to be adults.

"Hi." Cherry greeted.

"Oh! Hello." The adult man smiled.

"You guys here to see the Muppets too?" Darla asked.

"Yeah, we love the Muppets!" The man smiled in excitement.

"Awesome!" Darla smiled.

They came up to the gates which looked a bit old.

One of the other guests seemed to be shaking nervously.

"Come on, Walter, don't be nervous." The woman told him.

Oddball was confused of why this Walter guy was nervous.

"Oh, I know. I just can't believe I'm here," Walter told her, shivering slightly. "The home of the Muppets!"

They soon went to get a tour around the studio after going inside of the gates.

"What... What happened to this place?" Walter frowned as he saw a lot of sites were closed. "Where... Where is everyone, Gary?"

"This place looks like it hasn't been opened in years." Darla frowned.

An older man soon came out in uniform and looked to them. "Oh. okay, well, I guess you guys are it for today," He then said to them before clearing his throat to speak to them. "Ahem. Anyway, welcome to the original Muppet Studio, where dreams can come true."

'Is he sure? Because it looks more like where dreams can die.' Cherry thought to herself.

Atticus looked to her.

"I didn't say anything." Cherry said.

"You were thinking something..." Atticus said knowingly.

"Yeah, but it wasn't nice about this place," Cherry said. "I mean, seriously, he calls this where dreams can come true?"

Atticus just sighed to that and shook his head. The man then threw glitter to make the place seem magical, but it just made it feel worse.

"Is this the Universal Studios?" A woman asked.

"Yes, it is," The man replied. "Okay, now if you'll just follow me, please."

"Yeah, okay." Darla said.

They walked along and soon came to what looked like an old cottage.

"Okay, this used to be Kermit's office." The tour guide informed.

"Ooh." Darla smiled.

The others had their own comments. Oddball and Patch took a look as it seemed quite old and abandoned.

"It's really the highlight of the tour. You should see it sometime," The tour guide said to them before walking off again. "Okay, this next building is where they kept the rope, and the medium-gauge wire for the productions. Let's go take a look."

Patch and Oddball stayed behind so they could look inside. Some of the others followed the tour guide and Walter seemed to look at the office with the dogs.

"Come on, buddy." The other adult man who was his brother told him as they walked off.

Patch and Oddball kept looking around. Walter was about to follow his brother, but looked at Kermit's old office. Oddball scratched at the door, but Walter soon opened it so that they could take a look around. Once inside, the door shut behind them.