Chapter 4

'Ray Sutton. I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you worked with before you moved to Memphis. Now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here. To you.' Nik said to him, he still looked pissed off at Ray though.
'I think I'll be going now.' Ray said and got up to walk away but Nik grabbed his arm and stopped him.
'Not so fast, mate.' He said lowly and the gravelly tone of his voice made me shiver. 'You only just got here. Now your type are very hard to come by.' Ray turned around again but Stefan was there to block his exit.
'Yeah, I wouldn't do that.' Stefan commented seriously.
'Vampires.' Ray realised.
'Umm excuse me?' I raise my hand, causing them all to look at me. 'Not a vamp. I'm a werewolf, thank you very much.' I correct and Nik smiles at me in amusement.
'You're swifty swift Ray, yes my friend over here is a vampire, while my girl is indeed a werewolf. 'He,' Nik points to Stefan, 'has compelled everyone is the bar. So don't look to them for any help. I, however... I'm something else. A different kind of monster.' I didn't like him calling himself that. 'I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf.' He grinned while Ray looked confused.
'A... What?' I shook my head and rose from my seat to stand beside Nik.
'He's a hybrid, sweetie. He's both.' I explain to him like he's a child as Nik wraps an arm around my waist- clearly sending a message to Ray.
'Yes, and I want to create more of me. Now, you being the first werewolf, beside the Little Wolf, that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended, Ray, heh, I need you to direct me to your pack. So... Where can I find them Ray?' Nik asked him.
'You can't compel me, it won't work.' Ray pointed out causing Nik and Stefan to share a look and Stefan turn towards Red, the bartender.
'I need a scotch on the rocks, please.' He orders. 'Tell you what, Ray. We're going to play a little drinking game.' He said as he pulled out a pouch from his pocket and started to open it. 'Something I like to call truth or wolfsbane.' He finished as he pulled out some of the herb, crushing it between his finger tips.
'Oh, this is going to be fun Ray.' Nik said with a smile. I shook my head.
'And that is my cue.' I turn to Nik. 'Do you trust that I'll come back if I leave?' I asked him.
He frowned. 'Where are you going?' He asked, suspicious.
'There's something I've been wanting to do for a while and the wolfsbane is only going to make me feel ill so this seemed like a good time. I'll be back, I promise.' I told him and he looked like he was considering it before he nodded.
'I trust that you'll come back. You may go, I'll keep you updated as to our progress with our friend here.' He turned to glare at Ray and I grabbed my bag, headed to the door.
I turn before I leave. 'Hey Nik.' He looks at me. 'I'll be wanting those drinks when I get back.' I smirk and turn on my heel exiting the bar and pulling up the map on my phone so that I can get to where I need to be.