8- Tell me...

Iya's P.O.V

"What the hell is a 'Soul Extractor'?!" Aliyah asks me as I explain my findings.

"Seems like an odd name...." Neena speculated.

"Of course its called soul extractor!" I say as I drop my hands on the table.

As we question Syd's actions we were startled by Sophia.

"Guys, Patricia....sh-she.... She drowned in the pool....." She stammers.

"Dammit... Another one's down...." Aliyah sighs as she caresses her forehead with one hand.

Its the game of cat and mouse....

Syd's the cat and we're the mice.

Slowly getting eaten and killed by Syd one by one as we try to avoid his attempts.

I bite my lip and sigh. I look at the three and they look away from me.

Sophia is crying while Neena is cheering her up. Aliyah's investigating as I stand in the middle.

I walk away to my sleeping bag and decided to distract myself by drawing.

Xai's P.O.V.

Syd's doing well working out for my machine. I've collected 14 souls and they'll do for me. Syd's showing his personality to me even if I've manipulated his mind and his perception. I can remember when I first met Syd.

It was when I first arrived on Earth. I was in a convience store buying an amazing delicacy named "tootsie rolls" and I found the guy there.

For some reason he reminded me of my old friend that died, the friend's name was Shien. Shien was smart, shy, quirky and my crush(who also died)'s roomate.

I did some research and he was in the section of the class I was targeting.

How I got him under my favor was hard. I had to use all my energy to make him a good mind controlled slave.

"Hey, are you okay?" Syd asks me as he pats my shoulder.

"I-I'm fine, I just remembered something" I say as I look away from him.

"Hmm, I'm almost done with the machine...." He says as he continues to type code.

As Syd continues to type he asks me...

"Have you ever loved someone?"

I choke on my drink and I cough it out.

"Y-yeah... Of course, what do you expect from a fourteen year old guy?" I answer as I recover from my choke.

"What happened to her?" he asks me.

"Heh, she died. Along with all my friends...." I sigh as I put my drink down.

"Ooh, that must suck a lot" he sighs

"Of course it does....You remind me of one of her friends, But its kinda nothing" I laugh "What about you?"

"I-I...its nothing" He laughs awkwardly