20. Under Control

Start from the beginning

She smiled to herself as it became easier for her and more comfortable. Her hands easily gliding along the strings.

[Chorus:]
You might be crazy
Have I told you lately that I love you?
You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly
And it's crazy that someone could change me
Now no matter what it is I have to do, I'm not afraid to try
And you need to know that you're the reason... why

Look 'em in the eye, I say
"I could never get enough"
Cause it's alright
Keep it together wherever we go
And it's alright, oh well, whatever
Everybody needs to know

[Chorus:]
You might be crazy
Have I told you lately that I love you?
And it's crazy that someone could change me
And you need to know that you're the reason... why

If it was raining, you would yell at the sun
Pick up the pieces when the damage is done
You say, "it's just another day in the shade"
But look at what a mess we made

Damon listened in awe; her voice was amazing. She had one of those voices that could lull you to sleep. A soft and calming voice, almost the complete opposite to how she usually was.

[Chorus:]
You might be crazy
Have I told you lately that I love you?
You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly
And it's crazy that someone could change me
Now no matter what it is I have to do, I'm not afraid to try

You might be crazy have I told you lately that I love you?
And it's crazy that someone could change me
Now no matter what it is I have to im not afraid to try
And you need to know that you're the reason why  

She sighed and kept her eyes closed as she finished and waited for him to say something. When he didn't say anything her thoughts jumped to the worst. He probably thought that she sucked, that she had lost her flare. Suddenly, he started laughing. Laughing? Allison flinched and then her eyes hardened. Of course she couldn't trust opening up to him, it was stupid of her to think she could. Damon saw this and stopped himself and held his hands up. "No, no, no. I'm not laughing at you, Alliecat."

Allison snorted, "whatever. You can leave now." He shook his head, "no, honestly. I'm laughing at the fact that you think that you are no good." Allison cocked her head to the side and folded her arms, "what?" He chuckled, but when Allison glared at him again he stopped, "seriously, you're really good. You should give yourself more credit."

She shifted on her feet and looked away, "pfft. Of course I'm good. What did you expect?" Damon smirked and rolled his eyes. There was the Alliecat he knew. Damon looked around the room and saw something sitting in the corner under a pile of books. It was definitely something he'd never seen before. He got up and walked to it and pulled it out from underneath her books, "what's this?" Allison turned and her eyes widened. She quickly set her ukulele on the bed and ran towards him taking it out of his hands. "My Ocarina." He raised his eyebrows, "what the hell is an Ocarina?"

She rolled her eyes at his ignorance and dusted it off blowing through it. Damon cringed at the high pitched sound. After sorting it out she began to play 'The Legend of Zelda - Saria's Song'. She blew through it and Damon cringed for a moment before she began to move her fingers easily along the instrument creating an amazing tune. He raised his eyebrows as she began to get absorbed in playing it again. How many things could she do? He wondered.

Suddenly the door flew open, "will you turn that racket off?" Meghan hissed. Allison ignored her and continued to play as Damon only stood there. "I don't think it's racket." Damon stated. Meghan seemed to notice him then and looked him over. "Well, hello there. Who are you?" Damon inwardly cringed. "Hey, I'm Damon Salvatore, a friend of Allison's."

Meghan laughed at this, "you? A friend of hers? Must be hanging around her to win a bet." Damon glared as she stopped her annoying laughter and turned back to Allison, "give that noise a rest!" Allison stopped playing, "it's my room, I can do whatever I want. Why don't you go back to your own damn house if you hate it so much." Meghan just glared and slammed the door shut.