2. The Night of the Comet

It was Monday again and Allison was currently sitting in History class, which evidently was Mr. Tanner's class. He was talking about the comet that would be passing over Mystic Falls tomorrow, and as usual, she wasn't paying attention. Mr. Tanner noticed this and glared at his worst student in the class. He did not like Allison Carter one bit.

"Miss Carter, again I have to pull your attention back to the front of the class and away from your daydreams. Is there something better on your mind right now than learning about something that hasn't passed over our town in 145 years?" He raised his eyebrow waiting for her smart-ass reply. Allison pulled her attention away from the window she was looking out of and smiled up at her teacher. "Yes Mr. Tanner, there is something better on my mind," she said as she placed her hands under her chin "there's always something better than listening to you rambling on. I shouldn't even waste my time in this class, wouldn't you agree?" she said in an almost innocent voice. Mr. Tanner laughed, "as much as I would love to have you out of this classroom Miss Carter, I'm afraid learning about the history of our town is mandatory." He claimed smiling down at her. Allison simply shrugged. "Well I guess, since it's mandatory your stuck with me Will."

Mr. Tanner tensed at the sound of a student using his first name, this girl has no respect. He huffed, "leave the classroom." Allison stood up from her desk and collected her things as she went to the front of the room, "hey, adult authority, you've grown some back bone over the summer Tanner." She beamed at him and patted her hand on his shoulder. "Get out!" he barked. Allison simply smiled bowed her head and walked out the door.

Elena shook her head, thinking what's wrong with her, but she couldn't help but smile slightly, she always made her laugh. Stefan just watched her walk out and thought to himself I really hope she doesn't meet Damon. Elena turned to look at Stefan and he turned to her, they both smiled sweetly at each other. Mr. Tanner sighed loudly again at the sight of two other students not paying attention. "Are we bothering you Mr. Salvatore, Miss Gilbert?" Elena turned her attention to Tanner and stared up at him shaking her head as the school bell went.

Elena and Stefan walked out of class together as Stefan asked, "is Allie always so, um-" "Troublesome, rude, annoying, arrogant, a complete ass?" Elena questioned as Stefan nodded lightly. Elena sighed "yep" popping the 'p' at the end, "but, she is the best friend anyone could hope for. Please don't judge her." Elena said. Elena could see that Allie and Stefan got along well, she didn't want this to change his perception of her. Stefan shook his head, "no, I can see that she's a good friend, I just worry that one day she'll get into some trouble that she won't be able to just walk away from," he lied as they carried on walking down the hallway.

Allie was walking outside of the school debating on whether or not she should skip the rest of the day and maybe do some research on these so called 'animal attacks', or just stay at the school

Allie was walking outside of the school debating on whether or not she should skip the rest of the day and maybe do some research on these so called 'animal attacks', or just stay at the school. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about it since the party. It had to be something else, it couldn't have been just some kind of animal. She carried on walking still thinking of this when she saw Jeremy seemingly picking a fight with Tyler. Allison rolled her eyes and shook her head as she began to make her way over to them.