8. Lost Girls

Allison continued to walk through the woods, tripping over roots and tree stumps in the process. As she got closer and closer to the orange/yellow light it became more prominent and she could tell that it was indeed a fire. She continued walking towards the fire when a breeze blew through the air bringing the most horrendous stench she had ever smelt. She immediately clamped her hands over her mouth as she gagged slightly. Whatever it was, it was disgusting. It smelt like charcoal and had an acidic odor. It smelt so strong that it was almost a taste. 

Allison pressed on, keeping her hands over her mouth to block away the rancid smell. She had gotten close enough and hid behind some trees. As she looked closer to the fire to see what was causing the unpleasant odor she was glad she had her hand over her mouth because it muffled back her scream. They were bodies. Human bodies. That's what the smell was; burning human flesh. She felt like she was going to vomit. 

Allison closed her eyes and turned her back on the scene as she leaned against a tree and breathed heavily. Then she heard it, a slurping sound. Allie turned reluctantly and gasped at what she saw. She saw a man hunched over a body with the arm held up to his mouth. Whoever it was whipped around so fast that it was a blur, and she knew immediately who it was. Damon Salvatore.

Allie stared wide eyed at him and saw the blood drip from his mouth and down his chin. Damon cocked his head to the side and stared at her, a malicious grin spreading across his face as he looked at her with hungry eyes. Not wasting any more time Allison turned and ran. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, making sure to watch where she was going so that she didn't trip and slow herself down. Her heart was pounding loudly in her ears as she desperately tried to get away from him.

She was about to turn right towards the cemetery gates, but skidded to a stop. Damon stood there blocking her exit with his arms folded staring at her. Damon looked her over noticing that she was only wearing denim shorts, flip-flops and a cardigan covering her hot pink bikini top. He liked what he was seeing but he was seriously pissed at her for helping Stefan lock him up. 

"Well hello their, Alliecat." He said as he casually asked, "how have you been?" Allison gulped as fear took over her. She took steps back and shook her head slowly, her breathing becoming more ragged. Damon began to stalk towards her and fake pouted. "Awe, no need to be so afraid. I just want to drink your blood." He stated in an almost playful manner making her all the more afraid. 

Damon suddenly pounced causing her to fall backwards onto the ground. It knocked the air out of her lungs and Damon roughly grabbed her face and turned it at an uncomfortable angle. She saw his face change from the corner of her eye and the adrenaline kicked in. Her hand searched the ground for something she could use as a weapon and she came across a large stick. Allie gripped it in her hand and just as he was about to bite into her neck she thrust the branch into his stomach.

He cried out in pain as Allison shoved him off her and staggered up running for it again. Damon looked up and saw her running. Quickly pulling out the branch from his stomach he jumped up and sped towards her grabbing her hair and yanking her back. She yelled in pain as she fell against Damon's chest and he wrapped his arm around her neck keeping her in place. 

Allison gasped out as the air left her lungs and Damon whispered into her ear, "you know. I liked you. We could have had a lot of fun, but now that you're Stefan's new bff it changes things." She felt his smile grow against her ear as he added, "this might hurt a little." He bit into her neck hard as she screamed in pain and desperately tried to get out of his grasp. She continued to thrash and kick as she clawed at his arm that was around her neck, but to no avail. 

She felt herself begin to get light headed and didn't have the energy to fight him anymore. Her legs buckled from underneath her, but Damon had a good grip on her waist and held her up. Her eyes fluttered closed and she went limp as darkness overtook her.