16

Alison's POV:
   I was over joyed. Emily Fields was mine. Officially mine. And the girls..they love her to death. She's so good with them, especially Lily. They look like me, but they act like Emily. It's like they're actually her daughters. Like biologically. Because in reality, they are her kids as much as they are mine.
   Emily decided to take us out for dinner to celebrate the girls starting school so soon. And because we haven't had a family outing in awhile. The girls wanted to go to McDonalds, but we promised them we'd go after their first day of chill, if they picked something different. We gave them their options and of course my girls picked the most expensive. Olive Garden. I'll admit, they have good taste. And I was low key craving it.
   We pulled up to the fancy restaurant. We decided to eat outside since it was so beautiful out. The sun was getting ready to set, the scenery looked so breath taking. After we ordered our dinner, the waitress brought coloring pages for the twins.

Emily: "Girls?"

Lily: "Yes Mama?"

Emily: "There's something me and mommy want to talk to you about."

Grace: "Are we getting a puppy?"

Alison: "I wish. But no."

Lily: "Then what?"

   I looked at Emily and nodded.

Emily: "How would you feel about having a baby sister or brother?"

Lily: "Can it be a boy? There's too many girls."

Grace: "Yeah. We need a boy in the family."

Alison: "We can't promise you anything, but you'd be okay with having another sibling?"

Lily: "More people to play with mommy. I need something to do when Grace takes a nap or gets sick."

Grace: "Me too!"

   We laughed at their jokes. I leaned over and kissed them on the head.

Alison: "Well good, because mama is gonna have a baby."

Lily: "WHAT!?"

Emily: "Yeah. It's gonna be a boy or girl."

Grace: "I thought you were just asking just because."

Emily: "Nope. Are you guys still okay with it?"

Lily and Grace: "YES!"

   They attacked Emily with hugs and kisses. Lily placed her hand on Emily's stomach and rubbed it as Grace talked to the baby. The baby is barely three months old. But it was still so adorable.
   About four months ago Emily and I decided to have another child. Not because lily and Grace aren't enough, no. We want to expand our family as much as we can. We wanted to wait a little bit longer to tell anyone because the first few months of the pregnancy can be touch and go. Sometimes not everyone makes it through the first month or so. We didn't want anyone to get their hopes up only to have them shot down. I was ready for another child. Especially if it was a little Emily. I can't wait to meet the baby. I wish the nine months was over already.