6

Emily's POV:
Ali's first day back went better than I thought. I can say I honestly expected pitchforks and an angry mob. But it was so much better than that. I'm glad because I don't think Ali could've handled it if it turned out that way.
It was now her first official day back to school. Classes and all. Ali told me about what happened with Mona once I noticed her cheek was a little swollen. I can't believe Mona slapped her for no reason. Ali tried to apologize and got slapped? She's as a subtle as a hand grenade. I don't want her anywhere near Ali, ever again. Or the other girls either. They've been through too much.
I picked up Hanna, Aria, and Alison on the way to school since they begged me for a ride due to some more "Emily Time". When we finally got to school people yelled awful things at Alison. I was confused since yesterday no one had anything to say. We finally got through to the doors and a group of people surrounded Mona.

Emily: "What's going on?"

Lucas: "She didn't tell you?"

Mona: "What lies has she told you? Alison attacked me yesterday."

I glared over at her as she put her head down. This can't be true, can it? We promised each other, no more lies. Please let it be a lie.

Mona: "She started saying awful things about me and you guys. I finally decided to hit record."

Video:

Alison: "Please. All it takes is one word to snap you out of that shell you hide in. Monster Mona is still there. She's in there protecting loser Mona. But how long will that last?"

   It cut to Alison slapping Mona across the face.

End of video.

   Clearly it was edited a little bit. But she still lied to me and the girls about it.

Alison: "That's just..."

   She walked away to the girls room and we followed.

Alison: "That is the last time I underestimate that bitch."

Emily: "What was that Ali?"

Alison: "That was Mona trying to drive a wedge between us and get everyone to see me as who I used to be."

Emily: "The point is you went out of your way to lie to us, again."

   I walked away and everyone followed. Except Alison. I was too pissed at her to even say anything else. I didn't want to deal with her right now.

After school at Emily's house:

   I sat on my bay window as I watched the tv. Ali sat beside me trying to get me to look at her.

Alison: "Em, will you please look at me."

Emily: "Why didn't you just tell me the truth? It would've been so much easier than lying."

Alison: "I didn't tell you everything because I was afraid I was going to lose you."

   Alison placed her hand on my cheek and leaned in. I stood up fast and turned back to meet her eyes.

Emily: "That's not going to fix this."

   I can't believe she thought kissing me was going to fix this? She PROMISED me..no more lies. And that was the last thing I ever said to Alison DiLaurentis...at least for six years.