Chapter 4

I sighed as we reached the palace. The sun had set deep below the wall so it was basically night now. Toph stopped for a moment before looking over at us. 

"Well what do you know there is a city down there. But it's deep." Toph said. That's when she did a movement with her hands and feet that made tunnel appear in the ground. Aang was going to have to keep it going. 

"Alright we should split up. Aang, Tiger-Lilly, and Iroh can go save Katara and the anger jerk, no offence." Sokka said. I shrugged.

"None taken." Uncle and I said.

"And Toph, Cody, and I will go to the Earth king to warn him about Azula's coup." Sokka said. I nodded. 

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled. Cody looked at me and squeezed my hand before going over next to Sokka. 

"Be safe." I said to them all. Sokka smiled. 

"Why can't the angry jerk be like you?" He asked. I laughed and smiled. 

"He's been through a lot, he's always wanted dad to be proud of him. He wanted to be loved and he never got it. I didn't care if my father loved me because I knew my mom did. I didn't strive to be better than Azula because I didn't care about being compared to her. I didn't care about anything but what I was doing. Then I found Cody and I realized sometimes besides only a few in the family it can be overrated." I said blushing. Sokka nodded. That's when we headed down towards the tunnel. Aang and I would switch off between bending and then he started to talk to my Uncle who was lighting our way.

"So Toph says you give pretty good advice and great tea." Aang said. I nodded.

"Tea is always good by Uncle Iroh." I chuckled. Aang smiled at me.

"The key to both is proper aging. What is on your mind?" Uncle asked. I kinda blocked out their conversation because I figured it was personal and he didn't want someone else knowing. Aang talked while he pushed the boulders back further into the earth. When we reached the rocks again I did it and we continued to walk. When we walked back up them again Aang did it and then there was a lot of wind and then light. I blinked and smiled. There was a whole bunch a crystals that were glowing green casting a glow over the underground cavern. 

"Whoa!" I smiled. We walked for a while and then Aang pushed through a wall and we walked into a separate chamber where Zuko and the girl who must be Katara were. I smiled at Zuko. He stared at Uncle and I shocked.

"Aang!" Katara said running over to him and hugging him. Uncle and I went over to Zuko and Uncle Iroh hugged him. 

"Seriously why did you go against her?" I asked. He just shrugged and sighed.

"Because I'm tired of running." He said. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. 

"You know you need patience and need to know when to fight." I said. He narrowed his eyes at me and then I hugged him tightly. 

"Don't you ever do that again. I only have you and Uncle left. Don't let me loose you." I whispered close to tears. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and hugged me close. 

"I'm fine." He murmured. When we pulled back I sighed at him. 

"Uncle, Tiger-Lilly I don't understand. What are you doing with the Avatar?" Zuko asked. I licked my lips and took a few steps back so I was beside Uncle again. I went to open my mouth when Aang answered for me. 

"Saving you that's what," Aang said. Zuko stepped forward and growled when Uncle and I stopped him. 

"Stop." I said to him. He stared at me in disbelief.