Lana was quiet, studying his face. He looked sincere, she didn't know why Jacob wanted to speak with her. If she wasn't mistaken, he looked a little desperate on his face. She was suddenly curious to know what he wanted to say.
"Fine," she stood from her seat. "Don't be late," she said and walked away.

Jacob smiled, and a minute later he walked out of the diner.

***

Later that night, everyone left the diner, but Joey and Lana. Joey kept Lana company while she waited for Jacob, but he never showed up. Lana didn't know whether to be angry or sad, but she had mixed feelings of both. Joey offer to drive her home, but she declined his offer. Instead, she took a cab home.

Joey stayed and was getting ready to close the diner a few minutes after Lana left.
He was walking from the storage room to go and lock the front door when the bell rang.

"We're closed," he said, with out looking at who entered the diner.
"Woah!" He was startled, and took some steps backwards.

Roseanne walked inside. She was wearing a white crop top that was torn and bloody, her brown tight pants had some holes ripped in it, and she held her leather jacket in one hand.
Her hands had deep cuts, one shoulder had a stab wound, and her stomach had a deep cut. Blood was pouring from every wound. She looked like she was from fighting a bear.
She was panting heavily. Joey could tell that she was attacked, and was clearly running away from her attackers.

Roseanne had no idea which building she entered, until she glanced up and saw Joey standing in shock. "You have got too be kidding me," she knew that she was in the diner.

She dropped on one knee, one hand held the floor to maintain her balance so she wouldn't fall completely to the ground.
Joey quickly rushed to her. He heard furious voices coming from outside and knew that they were looking for Roseanne. Joey acted fast. He ran to the door, locked and turned the sign at the door, which now said closed.

He raced back to Roseanne. "Come on," he said softly, helping her back on her feet.

He quickly took her to the storage room and closed the door behind him. He sat her down on a chair, and maneuvered around, looking for cloths and a first aid kit.

Joey glanced back at Roseanne and saw her eyes half closed. "Don't die on me," he said.

"I'm not dying," she gasped in slow and heavy. "I'm fine," she said.

He put the first aid kit on the table and knelt in front of Roseanne with a cloth in his hand. He looked up at her.
"Yeah, I can see that," he said sarcastically.

Joey took one of her hands and started cleaning the blood from her wounds. She signed, clearly she was in pain.

"Sorry," he said, and he moved slow and gently.
"You're lucky to be alive," he continued, while he cleaned her wounds.

Roseanne glanced down at Joey. It was surprising how he would go too such lengths to help her even after what she did to him. She studied him, and couldn't figure out why.