⊱⊰ 20: The Only Treasure [Revised] ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

"Since my exams are over and I'm waiting for the results," said Thelma, giggling, "I don't think they'll have a problem."

Arisa smiled again. Before she could add anything else, a voice in the background filled the atmosphere. It told them that it hoped that they had an enjoyable ride and an amazing view from London's Eye.

"Looks like our little ride is over," said Thelma as the attraction stopped. "Time to face Mr. and Mrs. Malulu."

Arisa took a deep breath and followed Thelma along with Kazuya. As they exited the ride, Arisa hoped that her friend's parents would accept her new journey with no worries.

--♐♑♓--

When the trio reached the Malulu residence, Arisa could sense the scent of seasoned meal filling the air. Imani, Thelma's mother, didn't hide her excitement upon seeing them. She kindly invited them to the living room while Thelma placed their bags in an area where they would spend the night.

Kazuya and Arisa entered the spacious room and accommodated on chairs close by the long oval table. Judging by the items that were placed on it, Arisa could see that the preparations for dinner were almost over.

"Dinner will be served very soon," said Imani, "just a few minutes more. I'll be back; don't be shy and make yourself feel at home."

Arisa smiled before the tall woman walked away from the area.

"She's such a kind and easy-going lady," said Arisa, "I don't think she'll have a problem lending us Thelma."

Kazuya chuckled at her last words. "She is indeed kind. But you never know; she might decline our request despite her wanting to help the worlds. After all, we're not sure when we'll come back."

"You're right." Arisa sighed. "That's the downside of this quest."

As a relaxing tone filled the atmosphere, Arisa saw Kazuya remove the phone from his pocket.

"It's a message from Mr. Dan." He swiped the device. "He wants to know how was our day and if everything is alright."

Arisa smiled. "He's so caring; a perfect legal guardian."

"I don't think he would like to face my mother's wrath if she finds out we got in trouble in the first world we visited," teased Kazuya.

Arisa giggled at his joke. As Kazuya typed an answer to their legal guardian, Arisa examined her surroundings. Through the furniture and a few statuettes decorating the area, her gaze met a portrait displaying a little girl and young boy. Arisa stood up and approached the dark furniture where the picture was placed.

Examining the image, Arisa could recognize the smiling little girl with short braided hair. Sitting by the girl's side was a boy who looked to be in his mid-teens. The strong smiling boy with really short black hair had made a stylish pose before he was photographed.

"So you've finally met Samuel," said a voice by her side.

Arisa almost jumped upon hearing Thelma's voice. She placed the portrait back to the furniture.

"Samuel?" Arisa gazed at Thelma, who was staring back at her.

"That's my older brother's name," said Thelma. "If memory isn't failing me, I've told you his story before."

Arisa replied with a nod. There was no way she could forget that tragic story where Thelma's brother died protecting his little sister. Arisa still thought that it was disgusting how Enchantress used that memory to test Thelma.

"Dinner is served," Imani sang.

Arisa and Thelma turned around in time to see the woman place a porcelain pan on the table. As they approached it and sat, they saw Kafil, Thelma's father, sitting opposite to them.