⊱⊰ 20: The Only Treasure [Revised] ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

"It's really sad what those people have done to stain the title of a Guardian," said Arisa.

Thelma agreed with a nod. "Yeah. I really feel uncomfortable seeing people badmouth me and chasing me away, even though I just want to help. But what to do? I guess this is the downside of being a Guardian."

As silence fell for a few seconds, Arisa returned her gaze back at the scenery the window offered.

"I won't give up and do my duty, though," said Thelma cheerfully. "I'll show them that not all Guardians are disgusting. Hopefully, I'll succeed in restoring their faith in us, especially Aadila."

"Aadila?" asked Arisa.

"Yeah," Thelma replied. "Unfortunately she grew up hearing stories from her family. Someone in the family tree lost a loved one because he didn't have enough money for the Guardian to save her. Her family loathes Guardians and I think they passed those feelings to her. I'm doing my best to make her believe that there are a few Guardians with a warm heart."

"Does she know that you're a Guardian?" asked Kazuya.

Thelma shook her head. "No. I want her to believe in the Guardians without knowing my identity. Otherwise, she'll only develop sympathy towards Sagittarius because that Guardian is actually me. "

A sudden realization hit Arisa. Thelma had told Aadila that she knew all about her because of a special ability. That ability could tell her everything about an individual only by looking at them.

"Those superpowers you mentioned in the ruins," said Arisa slowly, "were they a way to force Aadila not to be suspicious about your real identity?"

Thelma smiled. "It was a joke, actually. But it could work as a ridiculous excuse. No one knows my other powers anyways."

Arisa returned her gaze to the glass that was displaying the illuminated city, her cheeks warming up. She was a bit embarrassed for believing that Thelma had such powers. But she didn't blame herself; she only knew that the Guardians could manipulate elements and summon their weapons. She had no idea of each member's special abilities.

"I still can't believe that I'm actually Saggie," said Thelma, her tone fascinated.

"Saggie?" Kazuya raised a brow.

Thelma gazed at him. "Sagittarius. I couldn't help but give myself a nickname, Kayuzo."

Arisa giggled, remembering that it wasn't unusual for Thelma to come up with nicknames. She remembered Thelma calling Leo Prince Charming. She even annoyed Train with names such as Broody Prince and Tough Guy.

A bit of sorrow flowed in her blood as she remembered Train. She gazed at the scene in front of her; the buildings were growing bigger and bigger as their ride lowered. She sighed, telling herself that he now was in a better place with his family.

"It's sad that most of us have been consumed by the mortals' flaws after being reincarnated." Thelma's voice pulled Arisa away from her thoughts.

Kazuya exhaled. "With our memories sacrificed, it's normal that most of us ended this way. It's still sad, though."

As silence fell, a memory of the Astral Sanctum flashed in Arisa's mind. Besides unsealing and collecting the Elements, Arisa was told that she was also in charge to remind the others who they really were. Her heart raced as she wondered if they would even let her talk since they wanted to kill her so badly.

"I've spoken to my parents." Thelma broke the brief silence. "They'll give an answer today since I told them it's an emergency."

Arisa's lips curved up. "I hope that they'll be alright with us stealing you from them for a bit."