Effects of the Mask

Start from the beginning

"Hi Nathalie and Felix! Nice to meet you, Mr. Agreste," Marinette greeted everyone, oblivious of the tension occurring between all the adults in the room.

"Marinette, Paris's hero. I'm honored to be in your presence, Miss Dupain-Cheng," Gabriel politely greeted, causing both Nathalie and Felix to strike a hard-core glare at him. If he were to try anything with her, they'd attack him in a second, and there wasn't going to be any hesitation.

"Oh thank you! I can actually say the exact same for you! Actually it would be a little different because you're a fashion designer, but I'm not saying you're not a hero! You're actually my hero when it comes to getting inspi—"

"Haha, you're a good jokester. Adrien, why don't you take Marinette and Felix to find Gorilla. Felix, go introduce yourself to Adrien," Nathalie pulled him down the stairs, pushing him after the teenagers as she wanted to distract everyone with other situations.

Adrien agreed, motioning for Felix to come along, but the guy looked back at Nathalie. She gave him an affirmative nod, and he hesitantly followed Adrien and Marinette away.

Now was her time to talk to Gabriel about the deal. Again, her only reason for doing this was to get her best friend out of that ridiculous place and back with her family.

He led her to his office, and there he sat, across from her chair over a desk.

Unlike Emilie, Nathalie didn't have a family anymore. Of course, her parents were still alive, but they lived far, and with time, she grew apart from them. Other than having been Lady Luck and her stable job of working for a famous fashion designer, she didn't think she had much to be around for. Emilie was supposed to be the one watching her son grow up, and enjoying life with her family.

She knew Felix was upset with her for wanting to leave, but if it meant allowing her best friend to live on in her place, it was worth dealing with. Besides, Felix was still young and attractive. As much as she hated the idea, he could easily find another girl. Maybe he'd find a girl who had more personality... or was just prettier in general.

Besides, it wasn't like she was going to be dead. She'd just be stuck in whatever Felix and Marinette were stuck in. Nathalie dreaded the idea of being stranded in the middle of nowhere for eternity, but to think Emilie was dealing with the same issue currently, and having been dealing with it for years, her choice made sense. 

"Okay, so if you're still planning on going through with our little deal, why in the world does the dead Ladybug still have the miraculous? Where's Chat Noir's? Does Felix know where it's at?" Gabriel demanded, pointing a rough finger at her.

"Marinette, or the girl you just referred to as 'Dead Ladybug', wanted to be with her kwami, and have her powers again. She just came back from disappearing from her development, and she needs time to readjust to being herself. Let her be. I haven't backed out of our deal, although with your bad attitude, I've been deeply considering it," Nathalie threatened, explaining with irritation.