☹ Trick (Arkangel)

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna go for a walk." Sometimes I like to be by myself, especially when it meant I didn't have to watch the guy who made life feel better than 'good' ogle over some other girl. The water rushes and I notice something shiny in the water. When I reach over to grab it, I find that it's a necklace. A black heart with a thin bit of rope going through it. As the sun sets, I head back to the camp fire, everyone sitting in a circle.

 As the sun sets, I head back to the camp fire, everyone sitting in a circle

"Trick!" I call out, seeing he has a seat next to him empty.

"Hey, Y/N!" he calls back, a smile on his face. I walk towards him when Sara suddenly sits next to him, his arm wrapping instinctively around her.

 I walk towards him when Sara suddenly sits next to him, his arm wrapping instinctively around her

I feel so much... hurt. Watching them was torture. My shaky hands put the necklace in my pocket. Maybe I can just give it to him later.

"Come here," Henry says, glaring at Trick as he does. I walk towards him and Arrietta, trying to appear happy.

"I was gonna tell him tonight," I say finally, the two of them looking down at me sympathetically.

"You still could," Arrietta offers. Henry doesn't speak, his eyes trained on Sara and Trick.

"What's wrong?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Nothing".

...

After half an hour, Trick and Sara leave. I roll my eyes and think about all the gushy things she was going to say to him.

"Now's my chance," I declare and get up.

"Y/N, I don't think you should," Henry gets up and Arrietta watches with wide eyes.

"Why not? I think she should just get the weight off her chest!" she buds in. I nod my head in agreement.

"Just don't-" he tries to stop me but I slip out of his grasp, a confused look on my face. Geez, what was his deal? I walk past cars and vans before I see Trick's 'delivery' van. The birds fly above me, the dark creeping all around me.

"Trick, you're never gonna believe this," I say as I open the van door. Lying in the back of the van, blankets covering their naked bodies, are Trick and Sara. They don't notice me at first, touching one another's face and hair. Sara looks at me first, covering herself quickly.