Chase

I woke up with my head on someone’s chest and my alarm blaring. I rolled to stop the alarm but someone beat me to it. The alarm cut off and then I started to get up and ready for school. I went into take a shower then got dressed in jeans and my sweatshirt because it was a colder day. I then slipped my feet into my grey converse and went into the kitchen to find Masen already ready and waiting for me. I sat next to him after grabbing a breakfast bar.

We waited for Jackson and he was running late today, surprise surprise. ( Note the sarcasm.) When Jackson finally showed up in the kitchen he raced out the door so I grabbed him a granola bar and ran after him. I slipped into the passenger seat while Jackson got into the driver’s seat and Masen got in the back.

We got to school right before the warning bell rang so I sprinted to my locker then to my class. I made it just in time to beat the bell and the teacher. The teacher literally walked in right after me. I quickly went to my seat next to Masen and sat down. Masen was on time for class, unlike me. It also helped that his locker was around the corner.

The lesson was boring, but most are. I barely paid attention until I heard the bell ring. I waited for Masen to get his books. He takes forever to just collect his books. He finally finished and stood up. I started to walk through the desks and out the door, but as I was almost through the door Masen grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. I blushed and smiled up at him.

We walked to his locker so that he could get his books for our next class. I already had mine considering that my locker was on the other side of the school. He got his books and then we walked off to class, still hand in hand.

The morning continued the same way. We went to either his locker or mine then we went to class. When it was time for lunch, we stopped at his locker then mine. Then we went to lunch. I hadn’t seen Chase all day and I figured that was a good thing since he could set Masen off like a time bomb.

We walked into the lunchroom to get our trays and sit down. We sat at the football players and cheerleaders table. I was the only exception, but since my brother and my now boyfriend were part of the team, it was fine by the team members. The cheerleaders? Not so much. So I just sit at the other end of the table next to Masen and Jackson.

Lunch was over sooner than I expected. Masen and I had to split up at that point just so we could make it to class on time. Masen said that he would meet me at my locker because mine was the closest to class. I got my books and I knew I had some extra time so I used my mirror that I had in my locker to look at my hair. I know, it sounds girly but I had to check it at some point.

A person came up and leaned on the locker next to mine. I turned and looked at who it was then my mood dropped. It was Chase.

“What do you want this time?” I asked.

“I want you to date me.”

“Sorry, I have a boyfriend.”

“And who would that be?”

“That would be me.”

I hadn’t even noticed that Masen had walked up behind Chase. Chase turned around and looked at Masen with disgust. Chase then turned towards me and kissed my cheek before walking away. As soon as he had started walking, I wiped my cheek off with a tissue.

“That was disgusting.”

Masen just stayed silent.

We walked to class and Masen still hadn’t said anything. By the time that the last class came, Masen hadn’t said one word. Halfway through our last class I told the teacher that I wasn’t feeling well and I needed to go to the nurse. She chose Masen to escort me and as we were walking down the hall, I pulled him into an abandoned classroom and sat him down in what was supposed to be the teachers chair.

“Okay, you need to tell me why Chase always makes you like this. Every time he talks to me you become all silent and mysterious. If I wanted to go out with Chase I would be, but I’m not. I’m dating you. Even before we were dating I said no. I even embarrassed him in front of everyone.”

Masen still didn’t respond and stared at the floor.

I just turned around and walked out of the classroom. There was a bathroom across the hall so I went in there calm myself down. I was on the verge of crying and screaming. I was so frustrated. I had calmed down after awhile so I went back to class.

By the time I walked back to class the bell had rung so I just followed the crowd. I went to my locker and packed up before starting to walk towards Lilly’s school. The boys had football practice again so it worked out since I didn’t want to see Masen.

I got Lilly then we started to walk home. I was lost in my thoughts and Lilly was lost in hers. When we got home we split and went to our own rooms. I did my homework and I worked on the project that was due in a week. I got it finished since I worked on it in the library the other day.

Jackson came home later than usual but I figured that coach just kept them longer since they got nothing done yesterday. There was still a while until my parents came home so I went outside. Today was one of the days where its warm but there’s a breeze and it feels good.

I took a book and a blanket and I started to walk to the edge of our backyard. I set everything up then laid down and began to read. I picked the perfect spot because sun wasn’t in my eyes, yet I still felt it’s warmth. I read until my mom called us for dinner. I cleaned up the blanket then trekked back inside.

Dinner was normal. And by that I mean I didn’t talk even though my parents tried talking to me. When I was finished, I cleaned my place and put away some of the food. I went back to my room and got ready for bed. I packed my bag for school then next day then laid down. I was watching TV when my phone buzzed. It was a message from Masen but I was too tired to open it. I fell asleep soon after.