Love?

I was right. I called Masen at 11 PM. I had just finished talking to my parents, well they talked and I listened. I was in tears and I refused to tell him why. I just said that I needed him to come over now. We hung up and he was already on his way. His mom was cool with him coming over because she knew that I needed my best friend right now.

By the time that he got here, my tears were dry but I was still upset. He walked in with a carton of ice cream and a lot of chocolate. See? This is why I love him and we are best friends. For the rest of the night, we just sat on the couch and watched movies. He held me in his arms but in no way was it intimate. I was just taking in the feeling of another presence with me.

We ended up falling asleep in each others arms. Luckily, we were in my room. When I woke up Masen was still asleep so I gently pulled out of his arms and walked into the kitchen. I got a granola bar and went back into my room. I found Masen awake and looking at the floor. I floor creaked when I stepped on a certain section and his eyes snapped up to mine. I got sucked into his deep, oceanic blue eyes. I broke our gaze and went to sit next to him. He put his arms around me and pulled me back into his chest. We sat like that for awhile before his breathing evened out and he fell asleep again. I stayed up for a few more minutes before joining him in  my own dreamland.

We woke up around 1 in the afternoon and we just stayed like that for awhile. Actually, we stayed like that for the rest of the day. When 7 came around, we decided to go swimming with Jack and Lilly. We played chicken for awhile with the boys carrying the girls. Lilly actually cracked a smile and we all had some fun. When we finally came back inside, we called Masen’s mom and asked if he could stay again and she said yes.

We did the same thing only this time we fell asleep in my bed.  

Masen’s POV

I couldn’t believe it. Someone put my girl in tears and they were going to get it. By the time that I had finished buying chocolate and ice cream and gotten to her house, her tears were gone but her face was still swollen and she wasn’t smiling.

We just watched a movie and both fell asleep after,....... in each others arms! I have feelings for her. I know she doesn’t feel that way yet but I can’t help but love her. I was still awake when she fell asleep and I could see her face relax and she looked so young, so care free. I fell asleep to her face in my mind like I do most nights.

I woke up and the place where Alex slept was empty. I sat up and commemorated on what happened last night. Suddenly, there was a creak from the floorboards and my head snapped up. I was stuck in her bright cerulean eyes. She broke the contact and sat next to me. I almost immediately pulled her into my arms and held her to my chest. I tried to stay awake but everything about her convinced my eyes to close. Even in my unconscious state, I could feel when her body relaxed and joined me in oblivion.

When we woke up we just lay there taking and enjoying each others company. We finally got up around 7 to go swimming. Jack and Lilly joined us so we played chicken. Our team won and I couldn’t help but make sure her smile was in my memory forever.

We got bored so we hopped out and changed into dry clothes. I called my mom to ask her if I could stay over again and she said yeah as long as Alex’s parents were okay with it. I knew they would be so I went back to Alex’s room.  We watched movies again but this time we fell asleep in her bed. She was still in my arms though and I hope to keep it that way.

Sorry for the long wait! I'm back now though so updates should start picking up again. ~Peighton