First Day of School

It is 6:30 in the morning and Jack is in my room, parading around my bed singing some back to school song that he got from the internet. Let me tell you it's very annoying. After he left I got out of bed to get ready for the day. I'm going to a public school so I get to wear jeans and a t-shirt.

I chose skinny jeans and a teal Aero shirt. I straightened my hair and it fell perfectly. I slipped on my white converse and grabbed my messenger bag that had all my school supplies in it.

I went into the kitchen to grab some cereal and I noticed that Lilly was sitting at the table having some toast.

"You know that you should eat something bigger, especially on the first day of school." I said. She looked surprised that I had even noticed her. " Just because I'm mad at my parents doesn't mean that I don't like you. It's not your fault and I don't blame you. I don't want you to feel like it's your fault."

She just nodded in response and I went back to my cereal. After I had finished I went back to my room to brush my teeth and put on my make-up. By 8:30 we were out the door and on our way to school. My day went well but I hadn't met anyone to be friends with yet. Luckily, Lilly is in 5th grade so she isn't in the middle school this year. It's kind of funny because my parents have 3 kids in 2 different schools so my mom took Lilly and Jackson drove him and me because we wouldn't have made it time if he hadn't.

I went home and did my homework like a good student. I'm the know it all of the class but they don't know yet because I hardly talked all day. I just didn't feel like talking. For most of the day I was thinking about what's been going on between me and my parents.  I have to pick Lilly up from school then we are supposed to walk home together since Jackson has football practice. I don't know why because I have to go the opposite direction to pick up Lilly. Oh well.

I'm going swimming right now and I love having the water on my skin. I'm going to miss the pool when winter comes. I'm getting the most out of it while I can though. By the time I got out of the pool and showered, it was time for dinner. I changed and headed into the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short but It's almost 2am and I need to go to bed. I promise that one of the next upcoming chapters will be super long. ~Peighton