Aftershock

Masen’s POV

Alex sprinted out my bedroom door after I kissed her. I was still in shock of how good the kiss was so I didn’t go after her.

“Wow” I muttered under my breath.

I was going to go after her but I was in as much shock. I just didn’t have the ability to move from my bed.

I don’t know how long I sat there but suddenly my phone buzzed with a text.

Hey man, we have a family emergency. Gotta pick up Alex. B there in 5. ~Jackson

I didn’t know what that was about but I was sure that Jackson probably called his sister. I saw her run up to the porch to grab her bags as a car pulled up.

I ran down the stairs and out the front door but she was already gone.

Oh well. I’ll catch her tomorrow at school.

Alex POV

I remembered that my phone was in my pocket so I called Jackson. He picked up on the third ring.

“Hello.”

“Jack I need your help.”

“With what?”

“Masen.”

“ Why what happened?”

“ He kissed me.”

“He kissed you?” He almost screamed into the phone.

“And I liked it.”

“ So what’s the problem?” He asked after he calmed down.

“Why did I like it?”

“I don’t know. Maybe because you like him and he likes you back.”

“This is so confusing. Not to mention awkward. Can you come pick me up?”

“ Why would I do that?”

“ Because you are the best big brother ever.” I said hopefully.

“ Okay, just because you said that. I’ll call Masen and tell him that Mom and Dad want you to come home.”

“Okay, text me when you get here. Thank you.”

Then we hung up.

I waited for Jackson at the end of the driveway but in the trees. I saw him start to turn onto the road so I ran to the front porch, where I left my bags, and grabbed them. I then sprinted to the car and got in. I knew that it was going to be awkward for me to be around Masen the next day at school.