She watched the way his tongue glided over his bottom lip before he tucked it into his mouth for a second. 'It's because of the way you make me feel.' He wanted to say but he knew how weird it would sound if he were to say it out loud. "Sometimes it's hard to say the right things in front of someone so beautiful." He said instead.

Na'imah looked away, feeling her cheeks become warm as she replayed his words over in her mind. She's been called beautiful quite a few times before but for some reason, it was the way he said it that made her feel something entirely different. And the way he was looking at her....she couldn't really explain it.

"Ask me how my night is." She suggested softly, ringing up his items.

"How has your night been so far?" He asked smoothly.

Na'imah smiled to herself, appreciating how he didn't hesitate to do what she said. "It's better now." She told him truthfully. Her nights were usually slow and sometimes boring which is why she was always reading. It made her eight-hour shifts pass by quicker.

"And how is it better?" She looked at him, knowing that he already knew the answer to his own question without the need for her to explain.

"You."

He had no idea how much she enjoyed their brief encounters. He was the one thing she looked forward to nightly, being slightly disappointed when he didn't show up twice.

JB found himself grinning, wishing he would've talked to her sooner. But it wasn't every day he felt such a pull towards someone before. He was intrigued by her. That much has been proven with her constantly popping up in his mind throughout his day. Often wondering what she was doing, wishing there was a way to ask her himself.

It wasn't as if he's never been smitten with a woman before but he knew that with her, it was so much more different than the rest.

Plus with his status and who he was, he didn't exactly have the luxury of getting to know just anyone he wanted.

His eyes looked at the nametag that was attached to her red and black apron. "Na'imah?" He said slowly, not wanting to butcher her name too much.

"Yes."

"Call me JB." He told her, holding out his hand to formally introduce himself. Her small, warm hand slid into his as his long but soft fingers wrapped her hand, giving her a firm handshake. It was simple contact, yet she wasn't ready to let go and neither was he.

But sadly, he couldn't stay long.

Reluctantly pulling away, he swiped his card, paying for his things. "Tomorrow?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Tomorrow?"

He chuckled lowly at her confused expression. "Will you be working again tomorrow?"

Oh. "No. I only work on the weekdays." She told him, realizing that he was about to leave.

JB frowned a bit, quickly thinking of a way he could see her sooner, knowing his options were limited. He wanted to talk to her more but he felt as though asking her for her number was too soon. She was making him do things outside of his usual character. He didn't know her but he was willing to give her personal information just to stay in contact with her.

But to him, she was worth it.

"Use it." Her sweet voice pierced his thoughts as he realized he was standing there silently having a debate with himself. He looked down at the pink piece of sticky note she held out with her number scribbled across it. "Have a goodnight JB." She smiled as he eyed the paper after taking it from her. His eyes found her once more as he took a step backward towards the double doors.

"Goodnight Na'imah." He nodded, forcing his legs to move to make his exit. His heart hadn't stop racing even when he made it back to the dorms. In a matter of minutes, his night was made by an exchange of few sentences that led to him having a way to get in touch with her whenever he could. He wanted so badly to just call her as he saved her number in his phone but quickly thought against considering she was still at work.

Even as he laid in bed, his mind never strayed far from her, wishing he could hear her voice one last time.

Only a few minutes later after closing his eyes, he grabbed his phone and dialed her number, no longer caring that she was busy at work. He needed to hear her again before he fell asleep. Three rings later her low chuckles filled with his ears followed by her gentle tone. She knew exactly who it was without looking at the caller ID.

"JB...." She sighed softly. "Get some rest."

____