"You're definitely the first and last person to say that to me." Manik says, pushing himself into a sitting position. Cold air hits against my front as his body - which was acting as a shield - leaves. I immediately feel the urge to tug him back onto me. 

"That's just because I have a knack to recognize a decent person." I say, sitting up as well. My eyes trail down towards Manik's soaked shirt. The material of it is thin and transparent, thereby baring his skin. I feel my cheeks warm up, as I shamelessly continue to gaze at him. He's not my crush that I need to watch him from behind a wall. Aiyappa, who have I turned into? 

"You know, you could at least try to not eye rape me." Manik says, smirking. I bite down on my lower lip, my cheeks heating up even further. 

"Maybe you shouldn't have worn such a transparent shirt then," I retort. 

"Angel...I really want to hate you," he confesses. Aiyappa, please no, not this again. "But you're making it extremely difficult. Himalaya climbing level difficult." Manik shakes his head, grinning. "So difficult." he murmurs to himself, pressing the tip of his index finger against a pool of water, causing ripples to spread out across its surface.

This man - my husband - is just like this succession of ripples. There are so many layers to him and even though it may seem hard to penetrate them, it's really not. His heart is easy to melt, and I have a feeling I've turned it into liquid till quite an extent. In fact, not to get ahead of myself, but I also have a feeling that I've managed to reach an inner circle of the ripple, known as Manik Malhotra. And soon I will reach the core of it. 

*****

Every inch of me is soaked. My clothes are sticking to my body like another layer of skin, my hair is matted to my head, even the insides of my pumps are filled with water. 

"Manik, there's no way to save the interior of your car." I say, sighing. "It's bound to get wet." 

"Fuck it!" Manik exclaims from the other side, as he gets into the car. "They're just seat covers." My eyes widen in surprise as I shrug my shoulders. Okay then. The Manik that came with me was threatening to dump me if I so much as dropped a crumb of bread on his seat. This man, however, has no issues with his car seats, and floor mats getting wet. Did my husband get switched somehow? 

The second I get into the car, Manik turns his head towards me and shakes his wet hair near my face. I squeeze my eyes shut, as water droplets sprinkle across my face. 

"I think you've taken enough revenge," I say. Grinning, he shifts back comfortably into his seat, gazing out of the windshield.

"I don't remember the last time I had this much fun," Manik confesses. "Hell, I don't even know if I've ever played in the rain before." 

"Hey!" I exclaim, turning in my seat to face him. "Don't mistake yourself into thinking the evening is already over." Manik's head jerks in my direction, his eyebrows flying up. 

"You mean there's more?" He asks, surprise evident in his tone. 

"Oh, a bunch," I say. "Manik, you've seen my world, but I've only seen a part of yours - the tracks. That's the only place I know to go if I want to find you at some point." Memories of the former days of our marriage enter my mind, when I wanted to contact Manik, because he hadn't come home and I couldn't. God forbid, I do not wish to experience a repeat of that. "I want to see more, and not just a sneak peak."

"My world is none of your business," Manik snaps. 

"Oh, so mine is a hundred percent your business, but yours isn't my concern?" I ask, rolling my eyes. "Let me remind you, Mr. Manik Malhotra, that you've seen my entire life. The home I've grown up in, the people I love, the way I spend my days and everything else. Taking all that into consideration I believe that you're playing unfairly." I clasp my hands together, jutting my bottom lip out. "Allow me into a chapter of your book. Please. I'm so desperate that I'll take anything you throw my way. Um...a hangout spot? A bench you've farted on? Anything!" 

Manik chews on his bottom lip, contemplating. I watch him hopefully, my sixth sense telling me that he will agree. He tries hard to ignore my requests and keep up his persona of the Devil, but I can see it's cracking faster than one would imagine. 

"Oh come on," I say impatiently. "There must be some place you go to at night. Maybe to catch a breath of fresh air, or have some fun." 

"There's a club," Manik mumbles, almost as if he's talking to himself. 

"Yeah!" I exclaim excitedly. "Let's go there. I'm ready for it." I glance down at my clothes at the same time that Manik's eyes also head towards my figure. He cocks an eyebrow, shaking his head. Well, I did look club ready before we decided to play around in the rain. 

"You're most definitely not, but you're in luck because I know the bouncers." Manik says, turning on the engine. Grinning, I relax in my seat. He makes life so easy for me.