Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Jungkook ah!"

I briefly registered Taehyung's shouting when he suddenly appeared in my vision, his blue coloured baton thrusted into Jungkook's hand.

What the hell, how could he arrive here this quick?

Tearing my eyes off him, I looked over to Mark oppa who's still yet to pass the stick towards Yugyeom, the gap between our two teams widening in every second.

My whole body started turning skittish as I impatiently wait for Yugyeom to receive the baton.

Come on, come on.

That's when I realized that the crowd has gotten a lot louder, this time however they were shouting for a different reason.

"Go Jungkook oppa!"

"Jungkook oppa quick!!!"

"What is he doing!?"

"Just run already!!!!"

"Why the hell isn't he running!?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the weird choice of questions and turned my head slightly towards the said person to see that he in fact was still in the same position he was in, the blue baton clutched tightly in his hand.

What the fuck is this guy doing?

Beside him, Taehyung who was still panting for air finally looked up to his friend, "Yah, go."

But the younger guy still wouldn't budge, his attention directed straight ahead towards the track path as if he didn't hear anything.

Shaking my head in confusion, I decided to just ignore him and turned my eyes back towards Yugyeom just in time to see him running towards me.

"Go go go-"

I couldn't even listen to the end of his words because by the time my hand grabbed the stick, I was already kicking my legs back in full force.

Lifting my head higher, I started controlling my breathing at the same time trying to maintain my pace.

Okay you can do it Lisa, do not screw this up.

I was busy motivating myself with the realization that I'm currently leading over here when I suddenly felt a strong wind whooshing past me.

What the-

Blinking my eyes in disbelief, I looked at Jungkook's figure who's now a few steps ahead of me, his usually impassive face sporting a small smirk.

Okay but in all seriousness, when did he start running?

And then just when I thought that the guy couldn't be more impossible, he actually had the nerve to turn his head and grin cheekily at me for a split second before focusing his attention back to the track.

Once again, what the-

Don't tell me he actually pulled that stunt earlier just to taunt me like this!?

This jerk.

He wants to challenge me huh? I'll show him what the real challenge is.

Taking in a deep breath, I shrugged off the fact that I just ruined my breathing pattern and began sprinting forward, my eyes trained on Jungkook's legs.

Come on, come on, come on.

I glanced at the distance left between him and the finishing line which doesn't seem that far anymore and had to stop myself from panicking.

You can do this Lisa!

Behind me, I can hear the guys from my team shouting Bambam's name as an encouragement which only fuels my desire to win.