{4} Entering The Chunin Exams

After Baki had registered the sand siblings into the chunin exams, I made my appearance to the Copy Cat ninja, and the Hokage once again. "Hello again, Hokage." I greet with a slight glare on my face. 

"Hello, Akari." The Hokage sighs. Good, he remembers me. 

"I assume you know why I'm here, right? I assure you, I'm not here to interfere. Just doing my job, as we discussed." 

"Right. I just hope you behave yourself." 

"Behave myself? Funny. I was going to tell you the same thing. I don't even think you're fit to be Hokage, considering how old you are." I turn my head over my shoulder to see the Copy Cat ninja standing behind me. "Why is he here?" 

"I wanted him to meet you. This is Kakashi Hatake, sensei of team 7. The team that Naruto is on." 

"Oh." I turn to the Copy Cat ninja. "Is he treating Naruto well, despite what he is?" I ask the Hokage while studying the Kakashi from head to toe. 

"Yes, of course." 

"Good. But you do realize that I have to keep my eyes on him and Gaara, thus meaning I will have to participate in these exams, however, only in the second test." 

"But-" 

"I won't hurt any students. I will only be observing them. If you try to stop me. . . Well, I guess you know what happens next. You understand my reasons, don't you?" I give the Hokage an emotionless stare. 

"Fine." He bit his lip, knowing he can't refuse me even if he wanted to. 

"I hope I get the chance to see you again, Kakashi Hatake. It's nice meeting you." I say to Kakashi, walking pass him, and walking out of the room. 

I met up with the sand siblings, right when they were about to enter through the doors. "Hey, Akari. Came to wish us good luck?" Kankuro smiles at me. 

"Something like that." I lightly smile before turning my attention to Gaara. I kneel to his height and gently place my hand on his head. "I want you to control yourself out there. If something happens, just call my name. Understand, Gaara?" 

"Yes." He nods, then hugs me, wrapping his arms around my neck. I blink at this actions because I'm usually the one giving him the hugs. He hardly hugs me on his own. 

"What's this for, Gaara?" I ask.

"For being here for me all these years. Thank you." He whispers to me and I can't help but hug him back. 

"You're welcome, Gaara. Good luck. And that goes for all of you." I stand up and smile at the sand siblings. 

They smile back and enter into the room where the first part of the exams are being held. I wait patiently outside and I noticed Kakashi is standing beside me. "You seem very fond of that boy." Kakashi noticed. 

"Am I not allowed to?" I glance at him. 

"I didn't mean anything mean by it. I see how attached to him." He rephrases. Smart choice. 

"I show the same care for all tailed beast. I assume you know that Naruto is one. I am the person who made the citizens of this village stop bullying him. If something were to happen, I will have no choice but to take matters into my own hands in order to provide for each jinchuriki." 

"Who exactly are you? . . ." Kakashi narrows his eyes at me. 

"I am Akari, caretaker of all jinchuriki. It is my duty to protect them and provide them with good care so they won't be swallowed by the dark. Unlike the 9 tails, he is my top priority, considering he's been host hopping a lot." I answer honestly.