{27} Returning

"Our leader has mentioned a lot about you. You are no ordinary human, or immortal. You are to come with us, Akari." Kakuzu speaks to me with his deep voice while his idiot partner, Hidan, is sticking his tongue out at me. 

I had no idea I was also a prize to the Akatsuki. But how does their leader know about me? Who is their leader? "You're going to fight me whether I come with you or not. What will be the point in telling me to hand myself over?" I summon my scythe in my hands and prepare myself for battle. "I don't understand. Your group is suppose to capture tailed beast. I'm not one of them." 

"We know that. You're the one who speaks to them and does all kinds of shit with them, right? So enough talking and come with us already! We've been walking all day and I'm tired! I can't make a sacrifice out of you since our Leader wants us to capture you!" Hidan shouts, throwing a tantrum. 

"Sorry to hear that. But I'll have to decline!" I swing my scythe down and the blade makes a crack into the ground. 

Mud-like snakes come out of the ground and dart towards the two Akatsuki members. The two members move out of the way and start to attack back. Kakuzu's fist turns black and Hidan attacks me from above. 

He swings his 3 bladed scythe down on me, and I use my own scythe to block the attack. "You got some good reflexes! Too bad I can't sacrifice you to my Lord Jashin!" 

"I told you, we're not suppose to kill her!" Kakuzu is behind me and goes to punch me. I jump in the air to avoid attack, causing Kakuzu to hit his own partner. 

"Why the hell did you hit me, Kakuzu!?" 

"Don't be such a baby. She dodged and you got in the way." 

"Almighty Push!" I put my hand out in front of me and blast these two members far away from me as possible. Unfortunately, they moved out of the way and now they're hiding in sight. But where are they hiding?

I feel a hand wrap around my ankle and I am thrown in the air, then slammed against a tree. I grunt hard as blood pours out of my mouth. Hearing Hidan's shouting alerts me and causes me to duck as he swings his scythe across, hitting the tree bark. 

Using my scythe, I cut off Kakuzu's hand off my ankle and clash with Hidan once more. Fighting off these two Akatsuki members alone is at a disadvantage for me. As strong as they are, they can't defeat me even if they tried. But, I am not at full power. 

"Gotcha!" Hidan throws dirt in my eyes with his scythe and Kakuzu punches me through at least 4 trees in a row. That's just playing dirty! "You can't fight if you can't see, girly!" 

"You're not going to be able to fight us off for much longer. Just give up now while you're still standing." I hear their voices surrounding me. Now they're just toying with me. They're surroundings me like a pack of wolves. 

"And let you have all tailed beast? Not a chance. I won't let you anywhere near my children. And I don't need my eyes to see. I can always use the vibrations of the ground so I can detect your movements. That way," I vanish out of sight by using my speed, 

"Huh?!" They both are shocked at my disappearance. 

"You'll never see me coming." I appear behind Kakuzu and bite down on his shoulder, clinging onto his body by wrapping my legs around his waist. 

"Get off me!" He shouts in agony and anger. I can feel something moving on his back, making me pull away from him while ripping a chunk of flesh out of his shoulder. 

'Puppets?! And they're attached to his back?!'  I panic within my thoughts. This is something I've never seen before! He's no ordinary immortal! 

"You're going to pay for that!" 

'I think I've gathered enough information that I need. Time to get out of here!' I do a hand sign and shout, "Transportation Jutsu!" I vanish in a puff of smoke and appear somewhere else, possibly far away from them. Hopefully. At least I got away. Now, I can return to the village. 

I decide to walk all the way back to the leaf village because I've used enough of my chakra during the battle with the two akatsuki members. If I'm lucky, I won't get ambushed. 

I wonder if anything has changed. Naruto must have grown by now, and I hope Sakura has matured a bit. I couldn't stand her back then, and I don't know if I can stand her now. Other than those two, I'm more concerned about Tsunade's gambling and drinking.

"It really has been a long time. . . Everything looks the same. Except the mountain has a new face." I say to myself while looking over the village. It didn't take me that long to come back. The village was closer than I thought. 

Time to say 'Hello' to everyone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to make it short. More to come in the next chapter!