As I'm about to go back to my seat, I hear him say, "Alyssa, don't act like you don't know me. We've known each other for years. Look, I might have acted like a jerk before but trust me, I've changed. And I'm also sorry for the way I treated you. How about I make it up to you? I'll buy you coffee? Dinner? A cruise to the Bahamas? Come on woman, pick something!" He sighs, faking frustration.

"Mr.Hens-" I start but see Adam glaring at me for calling him that. "Mr.Henson," I continue not caring about him wanting me to call him Adam. "I don't really think us meeting each other instead of being in a professional relationship is good. I think-"

"Come on Alyssa, it's just coffee. I know you can't resist coffee..." He lets the words hang in the air.

I sighed defeatedly, at least he's right about that. I cant live without coffee, it's my life, my love, and my heartbeat.

As I'm daydreaming about coffee, Adam snaps his fingers in front of me.

"You done? I could see a little but of drool from your mouth as I mentioned coffee." He chuckles.

I scowl at him and I'm almost tempted to flip him off.

"Fine." I say, "Pick me up at six."

"Where?" he asks smirking.

"Here of course!" I say. "Where else do you think I'd be?"

He shrugs his shoulders and he's lost in his thoughts.

Suddenly, a cute, boyish smile lights up his face and he leaves without a word.

I look at the closed door where he had just left minutes ago and one thought occurs to me: I've durrounded myself with so many weird people. Is that why I've become weird too?

I go back to work as my conversation with Adam comes rushing back to me. And agreeing to go out with him also finally clicks.

What the hell have I done? My desperation and addiction for having caffeine inside me has made me agree to getting coffee with someone I despise.

                         ***

As I'm finishing up with my work, I decide to take a quick glance at my phone to see if there are any calls scroll through my phone and then see the texts...8 texts and twenty-four missed calls. All. From. Cole.

Sighing, I open up the texts from him and start reading them

Cole:

10:37 a.m
Hi Alyssa, how are you doing?

10:40 a.m
did you get the flowers I sent you?

11:00 a.m
Listen, my mother wants to see you again. When are you free?

11:02 a.m
Hey Alyssa please answer my calls.

11:06
Alyssa? I'm getting really worried.

11:09
Please call me or text me, I know you still hate me but I need to know you are ok.

11:10 a.m
Alyssa?

11:10 a.m
Call me please...

Oh Cole. Was all I thought after reading all his messages.

I clutched the phone for a second as I remembered the events that happened a few weeks ago.

After Cole had driven me back to my home, he wouldn't stop calling, texting, occasionally sending chocolates to my house, and sending flowers to my office everyday.

At first, I ignored his calls and texts but answered only if they were about his mother. I have away the chocolates to my friends and the flowers...oh that was another story. I threw the flowers out the first few days but once more and more were hauled in by people, I told Henry to do something about them, of course now I get mischevious stares and constant questions about the flowers fired at me everytime I see him.

I decide to text him back.

Alyssa:

5:40
I'm fine

5:40
I'd like to see your mom again too. I'm busy right now so I'll call you later.

After looking through my phone for a couple more minutes, I go back to work since I still have a few minutes for the clock to strike six.

As I'm concentrating on a file, I hear Henry come in all giddy and smirking.

I look and him and narrow my eyes. "What?" I snap.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." He continues to smile like that Chesire cat from Alic in Wonderland. "Just admiring how beautiful the day is. Bird's signing, flowers blooming, all of that wonderful stuff happening today.

"Stop grinning, or your face might just stay like that."

He continues to grin.

Oh Henry, why did I give you a job in my company?

"Oh by the way, your little boy toy is out there waiting for you."

I groan upon hearing his words. "You mean Cole? Tell him I'm busy and I have to meet up with someone later."

"Not that one." He says in a 'duh' tone. "The other one. Adam Henson. That tall drink of hotness."

"What? It's not even six..." I stop short as I see the time. 6:01 p.m. Awesome.

"Why are you still smiling? Did you get laid last night or something?" I grumble.

"Your so dense sometimes honey."

I glare at him.

"Ok. Ok." He holds up his hands in surrender. "Sorry boss."

"If a little slip up like that happens again, say goodbye to your job, I don't care how long we've known eachother but you've got to learn to respect me." I say threateningly, keeping a serious face on.

After a few seconds we both burst out laughing. "Wow. You pulling that on me? Come on Lyss, you know it only works on the other employees."

"No but seriously. You've got to show me respect! I'm your freaking boss! Your lucky I'm not mean to you like Cole is mean to his secretaries." I whine and then stop short after thinking about Cole. Why the heck am I still thinking about this man?

Henry oblivious to my thoughts continues to rant about Adam. "...you two will be a beautiful couple and have beautiful children it's all planned-"

"Wait, what? What are you talking about Henry? I don't like Adam, he's barely even an acquaintance."

"Oh you might feel that way but I'm sure Mr.Henson feels differently. And if you don't want him you know who you can hand him over to." He repkies with a wink.

"Henry, you've got to stop having flings with everyone, find someone and starr dating or everything might backfire on you. You've already got two girlfriends and three boyfirends who don't know about one another." I chastise him.

"Old habits die hard Alyssa, now go on and have fun with your hunk of a man." He says walking out.

Great. I'm having coffee with my former enemy. Just great.
------------------------------------------------------
A/N:

This is just a little treat for all of you amazing readers for getting my story to 200k+ thanks you so much for that!!!! And no this is not the mass release. Like I said, just a little treat for so many reads. But don't worry, the mass release is coming soon, I'm working on it. I'd just like to say thank you so much for so many reads!!! Happy eeadimg and don't forget to vote, comment, share, and like!