☠₃₃☠

Cairo backed the plane up onto the gravel runway. He opened the door, which stood right out on the wing. He grabbed my hand and hauled me up. Together we helped Ray and Rose onto the wing.

"One second," I said spreading my blanket over the wing so Rags and Loki didn't scratch it jumped up. "Ok, now."

Ray and Cairo held the blanket tight so it didn't slip off the wing's sleek metal. Loki jumped up easily. Rags gave the area a final scan before jumping up. He twitched a little when he jumped, causing him to land a little short. Loki grabbed his shoulder and I grabbed on of his front legs and together we pulled him up.

"Good job Rags, you made it," I encouraged.

"Everyone load up," Cairo said.

I grabbed my blanket then went into the plane. It was nice and looked maintained even after these two months. I sat in the front seat, Rose sat across from me and Ray sat behind her. Loki and Rags sat in the isle. I picked Obsidian out from my bag and place him in Loki's front paws. Rags crawled and curled up by my feet protectively. I leaned down and pet his patched fur.

Cairo made sure we were all in before closing and locking the door. He went into the cockpit then shortly returned with a headset. He swiped my black hair aside and adjusted it on my head. "Tell me if you see anything smoking outside. I won't be able to hear you from behind the door."

"Alright thanks," I said through the mic.

He chuckled before returning to the piloting section. In the very back of the plane were boxes of MREs and other survival tools we could use on the island.

Cairo's voice echoed in my ear. "Is everyone strapped in? Doors locked?"

"We're all set," I assured.

"Preparing for lift off," he said.

The engine started to rumble. Rags looked a little uneasy. I stopped petting him and met his black eyes, "Is something wrong?"

"There is a faint heat signature far away, but I hear no signals," he replied.

"Whoever it is, the worst they could do is steel the jeep. They can't catch up with us now," Ray said leaning back in his chair. "Its probably just a deer."

"Maybe its just the metal frame of the plane messing with your thermal sight," Loki suggested. "I don't see anything."

"Then use that instinctual brain of yours," Rags retorted. "I can see something, its moving right for us."

The plane started to rise a few inches. We were approaching the end of the runway and nearing the ocean.

Loki looked in the direction Rags was. "I don't see anything, Ragged fur. Just the engine's heat."

Suddenly, the plane dipped down a few inches. We were now flying over the ocean. We had to make a turn back over land to go in the direction of the private island. But we were in the air, that's all that mattered.

Rose's scream broke my train of thought. She pointed out of the window. "Oh my God! Loki's old leader is on the wing!"

I didn't believe her. I jumped out of me seat and looked out of the window. Alpha was digging his metal claws into the wing, trying to haul himself up. I got onto the mic immediately, "Cairo, Alpha is on the wing right now. I don't know how, but I think he's going to try and crash us!"

Cairo cursed over the headphones. "I'll try to lose him, get everyone buckled in. Tell me if he falls off."

"Cairo's gonna jerk the plane, everyone hang on," I said rushing back to my seat. I quickly buckled my seat belt and started out the window.